2009 Dodge Journey Consumer Review: Pick a different SUV

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Review

Pick a different SUV
By rogalski on

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Look at any other model, this one has been nothing but headaches. The windshield has been replaced 3 times probably due to the angle of the windshield not deflecting debris. The gas mileage is terrible and the "worst" issue is the faulty ignition system, it has an intermittent starting issue that the dealer cannot seem to repair. I have had the fuse box software updated and replaced the starter. Dodge is aware there are issues but either cannot or will not fix it. Pick a different make or model you won't regret it.

The reasons I was attracted to the Journey, was the roomy interior and two back seats which give you room to carry extra passengers or put the seats down and carry additional cargo.

Fix the electrical issues with the ignition system and improve the gas mileage.
By skymel13
on 06/18/13 20:47 PM (PDT)

I just had my 2009 Dodge Journey serviced and had the WIN Module and FOB Key fixed and replaced. $800-$1000 fix w/out extended warranty. Good thing I did purchase the extended warranty, it cost me $100. So far Journey seems to be working great, Of course its only been 2 weeks since it came out of the dealer but keep in mind that before the fix, the journey was leaving me stranded pretty much every other day.