Used 2009 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

2 Many problems Disappointed
By renesmi

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really wanted this vehicle for starting my new family but all that started happening was problem after problem,I hate it now wish it didnt have so many problems.Have only 80,000 miles on my vehicle to have so many problems.

Interior, Exterior,3rd row seats, V-6 , Comfy

Battery is behind the tire sucks so checking the diagnostic for the battery was difficult at autozone. Should have a dipstick for transmission fluid, its retarded that I have to go to the dealership just for them to change transmission fluid so they can use special tool to change it.

I love my Journey!!!
By schaff

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our 09 Journey since it's had 500 miles on it. It had a major think happen to it under warranty, I can't even think of what it's called. It was 1500.00 dollars though to fix it
thank The Lord under our coverage.

Other than that one time thing we have put brakes on it at 40,000 miles and new tires at 42,000 miles the one tire was breaking down inside but they didn't have to many more thousand miles to go anyway that was last Friday at 900.00 dollars. We put a black wind
deflector, and a bra on it too.
I love the dependability the car has, and I'd trust it to drive anywhere, and not be worried. I feel bad that so many on here have had nothing, but trouble with their Journey.

Heated Seats Integrated garage door opener Stop on a hill Xm radio And all the other features it has

Better seats

nice while it lasted
By hannahbgreat

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was a high school graduation gift in 2009. I was excited to get a brand new car that I could depend on lasting for a long time.
Within 2 years, there was a "re-call" on the breaks. This worked out just in time, because I was looking into buying new break pads. My break pads were squeaking so bad, I had to do something about it. I don't think I misuse my breaks.
And surprise! One year later, they are squeaking again.

The interior parts are falling apart (just getting in and out normally). The tire hubcap/covering paint is chipping off and discoloring.
final complaint: there is too many bind spots. I literally have to get out of my seats to see all around me.
Very unsafe

cruise control spacious trunk storage space

improved breaks improved durable interior parts (siding on passenger chair) improved tire hubcap paint blind spots

JUNK!!!
By lettau

Don't buy this car.
check engine light came on three times in one month, wiring harness replaced twice, window components, starter and then 2 weeks later the rack and pinion went.
Chrysler won't do a thing about it.
don't buy this car.
I went back to dealer and they wouldn't help either.

none.

improve the entire car or stop production.

BIG MISTAKE!!! Done with Dodge!!!
By bargomommy

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light came on within a week of buying this piece of junk! Both O2 sensors needed replaced. Then the alternator to a dump and needed replaced! When you go to accelerate, you don't know whether it's going to go or be sluggish and need to push down harder on the gas. N matter how many times I clean it, it is a dust collector. The gas mileage has never been what was stated. Then there are the recalls. We are trading this in as soon as we get our taxes and never looking back!!! I will never buy a Dodge again!!!