2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Do not buy this car
By Vincent on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had mine for less then a week, there is not heat there are 2 ( check engine not sure of the other ) lights on the dash board that are lit, it has less then 200 miles,.. it was poorly built ,.. this car is not worth it..Vince

2009 Challenger
By Kara on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say? I am a 31 year old female care enthusiast. I have had over 30 cars, which include 5 vettes, and 13 camaros and trans ams and a Mustang GT. I fell in love with the styling of the challenger. The ride is excellent. I bought an SE because yes I am going to be buying a 2012 camaro z28. I have been waiting a long time on that car. Anyways I love the challenger. Favorite car I have owned this far. You do not see near as many of them as you do the camaro and mustang. Good build quality, pretty good gas mileage, and a beautiful car. Very happy with it. No issues, quiet ride. Better build than I expected. Highly recommended.

Buysomethingelse
By 09SEG1Kover on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome design, blast from the past. Just wish they put more thought into building this car. We've had it for almost 3 yrs and have 18,000 miles on her. We belong to several car clubs amd keep the car in SHOW condition at any one moment. The plastic black trim pieces have all been replaced due to discoloring and warping. The dash has been replaced due to no support around front passenger air bag. And the dash is sinking again in less than a yr after they fixed it the first time. Just brought it back to dealership, and they won't fix it again. They say its just the design. The door sill, hood, and truck areas always get wet and dirty from poor design of seals. Way under powered V6.

one complaint
By Bill on 01/25/10 12:19 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I could not afford the RT so I bought the SE cause I had to have it. It is a beautiful car in every respect. I will soon be installing some upgrades, duals, air charger. V chip. It will then sound as good as it looks and go a little better. This car has the 18 inch aluminum wheels and I have no plans to change them.

2009 Dodge Challenger
By Pete on 12/27/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive and just about everything I would want from it. It has good power but would like a little more acceleration from a dead stop with the V6 -- it is fast/quick but if the torque could be adjusted for more off the line speed that would be great. Gas mileage is good for a car of this type plus I love the sound of the engine.

Wow!
By Sherah on 11/20/09 09:28 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All I can say is WOW! I have a BLACK BEAST and it's awesome! What a beautiful car! I am so glad I waited to purchase a new car. Originally, I had my eye on the Charger but then a friend informed me about the Challenger which I did not knew existed until Spring '09. Then it was love at first sight! The RAM really knew how to do it this time. It has a more comfortable interior than rival Camaro - and to be honest, I feel it's better than the new Camaro.

great car
By LENZ001 on 08/10/09 16:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 3.5 l so I could enjoy the look and feel and still afford to drive it. Gets looks everywhere I go and everyone I talk to agree gas mileage is way to go. No regrets at all still has get up and go

A sexy car with a few deficiencies
By armypilot17 on 08/09/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in late Feb 09, have put roughly 8600 miles (Aug 09) on it since then and am still very pleased with my choice. For reference I replaced a 99 Malibu. Exterior is amazing, still draws comments and gawking stares, corners extremely well for its size. Interior is a lil uninspired, strongly recommend the sunroof to avoid a cave- like feeling. Very comfortable though and plenty of room in the back seat and trunk. 0-60 seems a lil lacking, but 60-80 is near instantaneous. Putting an exhaust on it soon, a lil quiet for a sports car. Engine bay is large, plenty of mod space. very reliable, NO mechanical issues to date. Gas mileage is about 23mpg combined highway/city. Love this car.

Lovin It!
By BearsFanInKansas on 05/25/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the smaller engine to drive this car to work every day. Would not change a thing about that purchase decision. Others I have spoken with who purchased the larger engines are parking theirs at home rather than enjoying this great new throw-back design from Dodge. Sure, you get to rev the big engines at the light, but that will only happen when it comes out of the garage. I will take the look over muscle on this new Challenger!

Man oh man....
By Eddie on 05/11/09 23:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All I can say is "Wow." I LOVE this car. I'm not a car man, per say, although I've always had an appreciation for good-looking ones. And the first time I saw it, I just knew I had to have it. Several months later, I'm picking mine up on my dinner break. I like to believe that I carry myself with modesty for the most part, but admittedly I do enjoy the attention she gets. Ask any Challenger owner. It's just such a beautiful car. I still turn several times to look at it as I walk away after parking it. To top it off, it's a fantastic ride and the price is unbelievable for the package. Much more old-school than the Camaro.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger in VA is:

$149 per month*