Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Unusual
By C. Taylor

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With aftermarket Michelin Pilots (18 inch), I average 19-20 mpg. This is partly attributable to fuel efficiencies that GM developed over time. I try to tell as many people as possible, since I think the perception is that big SUVs get 10 or less. This is my second Tahoe - I traded in a 2004.

A 5300 engine in a 2WD - it was difficult to find, but worth it.

Only the speakers in the "base" model. Surely GM can do better! Nothing other than that.

Almost Perfection
By John Barth

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got my Z71 Tahoe in December of 2004 and I love it. I wanted that car for several years and I finally talked my parents into getting it for me before I left for college. Before my Tahoe I had a Jeep Wrangler, which was fun, but I wanted a better car. Since I've gotten it I receive at least one compliment a day on my car. I love it. The only other thing I want to say is I wish it had better fuel economy and I hope you try to keep the tradition Tahoe look in the new 2007 models, I wouldn't want Tahoe's to become futuristic looking like most cars do today.

Love it!
By elynne

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

With the exception of a taillight that fell off the day after purchase, which I believe is not a frequent occurence, and the dome light which fell down 3 times in the week I bought it, I love it! I haven't had any problems with it and it's fun to drive.

Tahoe owner
By Reddhead

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tahoe in June of this year and I am really satisfied. I only have 2 regrets and that is that I did not go up to the LT and that I don't better gas mileage especially with the price of gas, but other than that I have gotten several compliments on my new truck. I purchased the Bermuda blue metallic and it truly does turn heads with/without having rims which I am considering.

Comfortable, roomy, smooth & quiet ride

Better gas mileage

Tahoes are awesome
By Tahoe Boy

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have been wanting a Tahoe for at least the last 7 years and finally was able to get one. I love to drive this vehicle. The seats are supportive and comfortable. It looks great. Drives smooth and effortlessly. Has enough room for people and / or stuff. The doors feel solid and tight.

The heated seats are fantastic. XM satellite radio. Moonroof. Built in compass / temperature in mirror.

For the black, would love to be able to get painted wheel openings as is available in the other colors. Needs storage compartments in the back for stuff. Make the side bolsters of the front seat vinyl for wear / tear.