Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

2005 Tahoe lt
By Brad

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Original owner and currently have 22" wheels on it, love the look and easy to do repairs on if your willing to try. Good experience of ownership overall

Pop's old truck....2005 Z71 Tahoe 4WD
By nick w

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought from my dad's estate 6 years ago W/ 84K miles on it.....It now has 150K , Super reliable, good looking, powerful.....U-joints, Brakes, and an engine ground wire (which cost $700) to fix, have been the only problems.....Needs tires, now but will still go through 3' of snow......it is our camping/ hiking/ hunting/fishing/trailer towing/ grandkid hauling 3rd car (I drive a 2014 CR-V, my girlfriend drives a POS 2005 Dodge mini-van) . It also serves as my drive 85 miles one way to work car, in really bad weather. I have pulled numerous people (including a State Trooper) out of the ditch with it in blizzard weather, and the other day pulled a stuck 4WD ATV out of a muddy field, and the truck felt like there was nothing behind me....I want this truck to last forever...I know it won't, but frankly will never be able to afford a new one, like it.......

2005 chevy tahoe
By georgefelix

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Fleet Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The only problem was the poor quality on the factory radiator , mix the coolant whit the trans fluid and the transmission broke down at 96 K miles , I do replaced the radiator and transmission &1500 cost part and labor , other wise , the truck is perfect family car , and still running whit no issues .

Not happy whit factory radiator quality.

Very good truck , and moos people then I know like my truck.

Regret selling it everyday
By prodigy1

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 tahoe LS with 60k miles on it and feel I love with it! It's the best "do anything" vehicle. You can use it for family or work or towing and it even looks good all cleaned up taking the wife out on a date in a classy part of town. The 5.3 was extremely reliable and even with low Mpg's
(15.5 no matter what) it was a pleasure to own and drive. We took this truck across the country multiple times and never felt fatigued after 12 hour days. It was loaded to the brim with features and never got tired of owning it. We traded it in for a "gas sipper" and every since we did, I've been miserable. I'll take the fuel cost over not being happy.

Options and power

None

Excellent Performance
By dillonk

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L V8 is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned!
I bought it with 82,000 miles on it, and now it has 95,000 miles on it.
The Tahoe can accelerate very fast for a large size vehicle.
One of the reasons why I would recommend it to others.
The only problem I had with it was that the clutch for the A/C and/or Heater went out.
But It was a small repair, otherwise the Chevy Tahoe is the best SUV ever.

Heated Seats, Dual Climate Control, Leather Seats, Big V8 engine, Built in tire gauge, etc.

Some parts of Interior are cheap.