2nd Impala - Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By carloverinbr on
2012 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
This is simply the best car I have ever owned. I bought my first Impala in 2008. It was brand new and a few years later I had a wild hair to get an expensive, premium European car. I kept that car for about a year because it was constantly at the dealer for repair under warrantly. I really missed my Impala so I got another one! The 2012's new engine and transmission is awesome. My car was a rental and got a great deal. If you read the professional reviews, they are almost always negative but I really believe that these cars are underappreciated. If you want a great value on a car that will give you years of trouble-free driving, check out the Impala. I now have 38k on the Impala.
Favorite Features
My favorite features include the moon roof, bluetooth, onstar turn-by-turn navigation, and flip and fold back seat. I also love the remote start and start-up engine sound. I use the moon roof a lot to bring in the light and fresh air whenver its not raining. Turn by Turn by directions from Onstar is fantastic. Better than a screen, honestly. The Bluetooth is simple to setup and connects to my phone flawlessly everytime I start up. I did not have the flip and fold seat on my 2008 Impala. This comes standard with the LT which I have and turns your back seat into an SUV! Seriously. Starting up the big, purposeful engine especially when you have such a great value only sweetens the deal.
Suggested Improvements
The only suggestion is I wished the passenger seat had as many options for adjustments like the drivers seat. No one has ever complained though. By the way, my local dealers just got in the new 2014 Impalas. These really are beautiful cars and I am confident they are going to be very successful for Chevrolet. However, if you are looking for a reliable car and you aren't that concerned about your car image, I recommend that you consider this generation of the Implala. You will save a lot of money.
By carloverinbr
on 09/28/13 15:40 PM (PDT)

...Quick update on my 2012 Impala LT - he's going strong with 42k now. I had 1 tire that was starting to separate so I had Firestone put a brand new set of Affinity tires on the car. (The other tires would have lasted longer but I'm kind of fussy about tires being the same). I had it aligned, the oil changed and a complete inspection. Today, I detailed both the inside and out. It looks like I just drove it off the showroom floor in its beautiful super shiny black color. 100% original with no aftermarket installs. Wished I could upload a picture for you to see.