Overstated MPG
By lolaponi on
2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I just bought a 2011 Equinox. I have been driving a V6 mustang for 11 years that gave me 18/22 and when I was looking to replace it after 11 years I decided on the Equinox due to its 22/32 MPG. I bought the 4 cyl engine thinking it will save in gas . . . big mistake! I should have just gotten the V6 as it is driving my normal drive I only got 19 MPG 80 % highway driving!! This overstating of MPG is a rip off to the consumers!! At this rate, I am no more better in gas mileage with my mustang who can zip in and out of traffic!! I will give it this winter to rate how well this AWD will do in the snow and ice before I complete this entire review
Favorite Features
The lumbar and 8 way driver seat. I am only 5'1 so this feature was perfect for me. Blue tooth is also a plus since I hate using phone while driving - I at least can now take/make calls without being a danger to others.
Suggested Improvements
Be true with the MPG do not mislead customers. For a 33K 2011 1LT AWD the 19 MPG is such a huge disappointment . . . already thinking of trading it in for a Subaru Forrester which is proven (sister) at least honestly gives true MPG of 28 MPG highway and 22 city. I was trying to stay with American made product and I am very disappointed. This is one of the reasons why most people don't buy American products we want too much money and we deliver half the product - sad.
By camaroguy1172
on 12/10/11 15:22 PM (PST)

awd doesnt get the 32 mpg........

By labluebabe
on 07/15/12 17:58 PM (PDT)

Anyone reading lolaponi's review should take it with a grain of salt because your MPG will vary from theirs based on how you drive. We're seeing an honest 20mpg with mixed driving out of our V6 FWD Equinox, and this guy has the 4 cylinder and claims to be getting 19mpg? I'd say his 80highway claim is bogus to be getting that kind of mileage, even with AWD. To lolaponi - I think the problem here is you are a Mustang owner who is used to stomping the gas "zipping in and out of traffic". If you jack rabbit off the line at every red light and go 10mph over the speed limit, you're losing MPG. If you're constantly racing people and passing people on the highway, you're downshifting and using more fuel, reducing your MPG. Also factor in the AWD gets worse gas mileage than FWD - and remember your mustang is NOT AWD!