2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Good vehicle but flawed.
By Turgon on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really enjoy the ride quality and the impressive performance of the 4 cyl. Fuel economy is good for this class of vehicle, but certainly not the advertised EPA mpgs unless you consciously baby it and coast in eco mode. Comfort and passenger room are impressive, but at the expense of the rear cargo space. I have concerns regarding the build quality and reliability. The interior plastics are of low quality and scratch easily! I had to bring the vehicle back to the dealer to fix a problem with "frozen" climate and radio controls. I have to return to the dealer again to fix a broken clip in the rear hatch and a problem with the driver lumbar support (makes clicking sound).

A Lot of Bang for the Buck!
By PDXEquinox on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've have roughly 5k on my 2010 Equinox. After driving the Honda CRV, the Toyota RAV, The Hyundai Santa Fe, the Ford Escape and Edge and the GMC Terrain, I decided to purchase the AWD 2LT V6, Chevy Equinox. The Equinox was the best deal and the most comfortable to drive. I am overall very pleased with the Equinox. The one downfall is the MPG. I have not been able to get over 22mpg town or highway. It seems to me that the the reported MPG is not very accurate but what one would expect with a V6 AWD SUV.

Disappointed
By AD on 09/07/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Comfortable to drive except for arm rest is too low. Exterior and interior looks nice. Ok gas mileage, average @24-26mpg. At just 20,000 miles, the timing chain, timing chain tensioner, and serpentine belt needs replaced. Dealer tech stated service bulletin issued for timing chain. Had recall for control panel completed but backlighting still dims periodically. May regret purchasing.

Directions on Navigation system
By donnar on 09/03/10 14:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The directions on the navigation system are lacking. Whoever wrote the book was taking short cuts from step one to step 5. Leaving you to guess how the heck to get to step 5. Would love to get some GOOD directions on how to program the radio and the gps unit.

Dissapointed texan
By Marc on 08/30/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We were considering the Equinox or the Mazda6 but my wife and 14 year daughter liked the shape of the Equinox better than the Mazda so figure what we got. We got this vehicle in April and so far we had 2 trips to the dealer service center. First time the warning lights in the cluster looked like a Christmas tree all kind of warning lights popped at the same time, they had to replace the master cylinder (Took 3 days). Second, last Sunday the car just went dead, no power at all and the key was stuck in the cylinder, had to call road service. Was at the dealership for 5 days and nobody could figure what happened. We got it back but I am afraid that it could happen again. Should buy a Mazda!

Good SUV
By adam206 on 08/27/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall we like the equinox. we have the available rear view camera and we think that is a great feature. when i plug my iPod touch into it tho it doesn't always work and says it's safe to disconnected. also there is something wrong it, if you are coming to a stop (or slow down) then press the gas to speed back up it hesitates or something. we took it to the dealer and said they duplicate the problem. otherwise no problems.

I love my Equinox!
By Mommy2 TPG on 08/21/10 06:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I previously owned a Ford Focus. I had searched for 2 years for a larger but good on gas vehicle. I looked at the Mazda 5 and the Nissan Rouge. The Chevy was the best deal and the most comfortable. I do wish they would be a bit more honest about the MPG on the 4cyl. I drive about 50 miles one way to work and only 5 miles is city. I average 26-28mpg. Which is great, but i expected a little better. I do live in the mountains, But I travel I-81 and set cruise at about 72. On our last trip down to the beach we got 30mpg going (with eco ON) and 18 while there in traffic (with eco OFF) and 25 coming back home (eco ON). ECO causes loss of power but not enough for it to be a big deal for me.

One yr of experience
By Cat on 08/20/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2010 equinox LT 6 cyl a year ago. Drove it 20000 miles. Love the speed of pick up. Pretty smooth ride. interior does not give me as much room as I would like. I am coming off a 1997 GMC jimmy also a 6 cyl.I was alarmed when I took it in for an alignment and discovered there were no Cams. They needed to be added. Love it on road trips. That is when you see the fuel savings.

More Pros than Cons
By Jack C. on 08/20/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have about 3000 miles on my AWD, 4 cy Equinox. I love the look, design and sturdiness. Black Granite metallic paint is beautiful. Two tone leather seats equally nice to look at and touch. MPG averages about 20 with mostly in city and freeway driving. 18 inch wheels make roads bumps less severe. I enjoy the quiet ride. The steering is blah, but it is not a sports car. It is a crossover SUV. Car like, but not impressive for handling. Turning radius seems large. Door lock switch should be on doors. Cargo area will not hold golf club set straight across. Fit and finish are impressive. Seats are comfortable and body hugging in front. I would recommend this vehicle to friends. More +'s.

Don't leave your Chevy unattended
By Iceman on 08/20/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

From the second month the windows go down on their own and the car unlocks by itself. Had to shovel snow out of car a few times and cannot go shopping to more than one store at a time due to windows going down and car being unlocked. Johnson Bros service dept inept and did not have a clue. Second time in service mngr said it was built into the key to do that. Very annoying, I would not recommend anyone to buy a Chevy Equinox and have been successful in having many friends buy other brands than Chevy. In winter the insides of door lets in unwanted dirt and mud. Very bad engineering design.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in NJ is:

$214 per month*