2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2010 Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Sort Reviews by

Love It Love It Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Beverly Olinger

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just picked up our new Equinox LTZ Sat Drives wonderful, smooth ride, great sound system, onstar is fun and the nav system is really cool! You won't be disappointed.The interior is pretty sweet. Big difference over the 2009. Worth the wait!!!!

Favorite Features

every thing it's a great suv

Suggested Improvements

power seats on passenger seat.

My first American car in 29 years
By MulchHauler

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I saw this car in January at the auto show and decided to wait until it came out this summer. The only serious competition was the Toyota Venza, but the Equinox is better-looking and a better value. I waited 7 weeks for the one I ordered to arrive. I'm pleased with it. I like the comfortable seats, quiet ride and of course the mpg. It's not a great handling car, but the steering and acceleration are what you would expect in a 4-cyl. crossover. The interior lights are very cool, but there's too much plastic for my taste. I don't understand why I couldn't get the upgraded Pioneer speakers with the 1LT model. The exterior color choices are extremely unimaginative; I went with Navy blue.

Favorite Features

Audio controls on steering wheel; driver information center; auto start; automatic headlights; USB port; seat can be adjusted any which way.

Suggested Improvements

Rubber rear cargo mat. Better color choices. All-leather gearshift (I hate the plastic on it). Upgraded dashboard materials. Better rear visibility. Rear hatch doesn't latch easily; I keep getting "rear access open" warnings. The driver's seat belt unlatches and hits the door, creating scuff marks.

Great Vehicle!
By Steve F.

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is fantastic - beautiful inside and out! I purchased the 4 cyl. and it has plenty of power (I used to drive a 6 cyl. 4.3L Blazer and don't miss any loss of power). The 2010 Equinox is very quiet, shifting is smooth, and cruises at 70 mph at only 2000 RPM's due to 6 speed automatic. I'm getting 28 MPG combined local and hwy. driving. I love the Bluetooth and automatic climate control the 2LT offers. You also get the fog lights on the 2LT, which look much better than the fog light covers on the LS or 1LT. I think Chevrolet is missing the boat comparing the 2010 Equinox to the Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4 - they should be comparing it to the Lexus RX330/350!

Favorite Features

Quietness, comfort, looks, great handling with the 17" tires, fuel economy is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Honestly can't think of any. I wish Chevrolet offered the fog lights standard on the LS and 1LT, instead of having to move up to the 2LT.

Love It!
By Clint

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have only had my Equinox for a week now but i am absolutely in love with this car! We needed something bigger than our VW jetta since we are expecting our first child on the way. I have been looking at pretty much every cuv and always came back to the Equinox. I am 6'3'' and it was hard to find a car that gave us MPG, room, options, comfort, and for an affordable price. Most cars you have to sacrifice one of those needs, this car none. This is by far the best for the money! I checked our mileage and we are getting 24.67 and that is quite a bit of city driving, that's only 3 mpg less than the jetta we were driving. Go out and drive one, you will love it!

Favorite Features

For a car that's only 1 step from the basic model its way more than you would expect! The rear sliding rear seat was a definite plus giving us more than enough room. The six speed transmission is a plus too, wish i could have gotten a manual transmission!

Suggested Improvements

There is a little blind spot when changing lanes, but i quickly learned to deal with it. I haven't had any problems with anything else yet and i'm pretty sure i won't.

WOW-- What a great SUV!!
By Mark

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Chevy Equinox is designed to look like a $45,000 vehicle but has the $25,000 price tag. The leather interior and chrome accents on the outside of the SUV make it much more appealing then the import models like the Rav4 or CRV.

Favorite Features

The steering is tight and nimble with the fuel economy of 22 city and 32 highway is extremely impressive. The power liftgate is easy to use too.

Suggested Improvements

I wish I could have ordered the 19 inch chrome wheels with the 4 cylinder engine. The 18 inch wheels are ok but the chrome wheels are awesome.

Nice Ride for the Price
By chris

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far I have nothing negative to say about my new Equinox. The first tank of gas (mostly hwy) we were over 30 mpg! This is definitely another step in the right direction for GM.

Favorite Features

Mileage, quiet, price, room, display

Suggested Improvements

nothing yet

Great replacement choice
By 'Nox Lover

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 LT2'nox in July to replace a fully loaded '05 Trailblazer. I find it a great value. It's nicely equipped, fun to drive and looks great. I recently took it on a 1,400 mile road trip that included 3 adults and 2 dogs and was pleasantly impressed. It handled beautifully, mileage was impressive with and without A/C, and we were comfortable. So far no problems and I'm loving it. I do agree with everyone about the chrome on the dash storage compartment; when the sun or even a street light hits it you are momentarily blinded!

Favorite Features

Mileage!,bluetooth and synching my cell phone to it, rear seat legroom, back-up camera.

Suggested Improvements

needs more cargo space, DIC and menu need to be easier to use/understand, change the finish on the chrome handle on the dashboard storage compartment

So far so good
By Howard

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a wonderful car since I had a few GM vehicles. But I had some experience about this brand new version; when I got this car first day back, I had a problem with the infotainment screen that was totally blank out, I have to take to the closer dealer for repair; second problem it was an engine stalling out on the road (within 400 miles in odometer), the dealer had to replace some engine part on it. After 2 times back to dealer, this car is running great till now.

Favorite Features

Back up camera is very helpful; good gas mileage; wonderful bluetooth option; remote starting system is useful.

Suggested Improvements

Manufacture needs to do the final check before shipped out to dealer or dealer should perform the check list before sold to consumer.

Incredile Crossover, Incredible Value!
By Tim M

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got my Equinox last week and it's awesome! I got the LT2, Mocha Steel Metallic, Black/Brownstone Leather, Sunroof and Rear Entertainment. I am currently averaging about 24 MPG combined and hopefully it will go up. No problems so far and the 6 speed auto-transmission shifts very smooth. Fun to drive and very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Back-up camera, very comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

None

Great small SUV
By phil clark

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Mine has the V6 option. Rides great and more room than you would expect especially in rear seat area. Son in law says there is more room than in my Avalanche. The gas mileage on the V6 is not what they had claimed with best ever less than 20 combined and if mostly in town drops to 15 or so. Still improvement on the Avalanche I traded in, but could be better. Hopefully that improves once broken in and get past the first oil change too. Interior is very stylish with a friend comparing it to cars like the Lexus,now thats a step up for GM. Shows they are moving in the right direction.

Favorite Features

Sound system, Bluetooth and IPOD connection with on screen music selection.

Suggested Improvements

Needs storage compartments. Bluetooth has acted up on several occations. Rear air vents. IPhone recognition for music and other features. More extension to telescope steering column.