Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Gotta love it!
By Maggie

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Did a lot of research on crossovers before deciding on the Equinox. Love the ride, features, love the comfort, the room is sufficient for my family of 5 (that includes my dog). Great car and great value. Looks really good, too. I really love it. I've had it for about a month and it has 2K miles on it so far. In eco mode on the highway, I see the gas mileage really work in my favor. Helps that I can see how many miles I have left before I run out of gas! No more minivan for me.

Love the sunroof, the backup camera, the fog lights, and the lumbar support function on the driver's seat. The speakers are pretty good for standard speakers.

I'd love for the automatic trunk to be standard and it would just be good symmetry to have electronic controls for BOTH seats, not just one.

Love almost everything
By kimjef

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for about 7 months and have 10K+ miles. Overall we have been very pleased. This is the entry level car. We average about 19- 24 MPG ( this is disappointing). Power is alright and it handles well.

The car is so roomy, the interior is extremely well designed. We looked at every car in this class and hands down the Equinox was the best bang for the buck.

There are blind spots, and the MPG does not live up to those advertised.

10 across the board.
By tony

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had my eye on this for a few month but wanted to test drive some other crossovers. Drove the Ford Escape, Jeep Liberty, and the GMC Terrain. I drove the FWD and the AWD. It finally came down to the AWD in Black. It looks just as good as any other high dollar crossover and drives just as well too. It has the best look interior out of all the others too. Very quiet ride inside too.

The layout of the interior is very comfortable. Drives great.

I came from driving a 6 cylinder. Have to get used to a 4 cylinder. But you could buy that if you want.

Great suv for mileage
By Ron

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Highway gas mileage is 34 mpg in eco mode, Over all 26 mpg. Handling is great at all speeds. Comfort on the road is outstanding. Power of 4cyl is fine, much more power then I first thought. Seats are very comfortable, the ride is a little stiff but holds the road sound. I am very pleased and have not found any problems in the first 3000 miles. General Motor is back to #1 with this winner.

Audio System with Navigation/Infotainment (worth the money). Also power lift gate, chrome package and premium cloth seats.

Rear seat needs to fold down flatter. A shelf above rear storage area would be nice. Larger side mirrors. Rear vent for heat and a/c.

Undesirable Aspects
By Gary St. Hilaire

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Blind spots on driver's side make this a scary vehicle to drive. Don't expect passing gear to kick in and take right off when you are changing lanes on the freeway and really need it to kick in at that moment. It swallows one or two times first. Many driver seat combinations block the view of the speedometer in the 40-70 mph range. Driver's window up too high and leaning your arm out the window has your shoulder close to your ear or higher. Hardest riding, nosiest vehicle I have ever owned (I'm 56). Although the vehicle has deft steering, turning off the Traction Control seems to help with the stability or whatever that odd feeling is with the vehicle. Glad I only leased it for 3 years.

Very good steering. Remote start.

Too many to list in 300 words. See above, where I ran out of room also.