Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Love almost everything
By kimjef

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for about 7 months and have 10K+ miles. Overall we have been very pleased. This is the entry level car. We average about 19- 24 MPG ( this is disappointing). Power is alright and it handles well.

Favorite Features

The car is so roomy, the interior is extremely well designed. We looked at every car in this class and hands down the Equinox was the best bang for the buck.

Suggested Improvements

There are blind spots, and the MPG does not live up to those advertised.

10 across the board.
By tony

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had my eye on this for a few month but wanted to test drive some other crossovers. Drove the Ford Escape, Jeep Liberty, and the GMC Terrain. I drove the FWD and the AWD. It finally came down to the AWD in Black. It looks just as good as any other high dollar crossover and drives just as well too. It has the best look interior out of all the others too. Very quiet ride inside too.

Favorite Features

The layout of the interior is very comfortable. Drives great.

Suggested Improvements

I came from driving a 6 cylinder. Have to get used to a 4 cylinder. But you could buy that if you want.

Great suv for mileage
By Ron

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Highway gas mileage is 34 mpg in eco mode, Over all 26 mpg. Handling is great at all speeds. Comfort on the road is outstanding. Power of 4cyl is fine, much more power then I first thought. Seats are very comfortable, the ride is a little stiff but holds the road sound. I am very pleased and have not found any problems in the first 3000 miles. General Motor is back to #1 with this winner.

Favorite Features

Audio System with Navigation/Infotainment (worth the money). Also power lift gate, chrome package and premium cloth seats.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat needs to fold down flatter. A shelf above rear storage area would be nice. Larger side mirrors. Rear vent for heat and a/c.

Undesirable Aspects
By Gary St. Hilaire

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Blind spots on driver's side make this a scary vehicle to drive. Don't expect passing gear to kick in and take right off when you are changing lanes on the freeway and really need it to kick in at that moment. It swallows one or two times first. Many driver seat combinations block the view of the speedometer in the 40-70 mph range. Driver's window up too high and leaning your arm out the window has your shoulder close to your ear or higher. Hardest riding, nosiest vehicle I have ever owned (I'm 56). Although the vehicle has deft steering, turning off the Traction Control seems to help with the stability or whatever that odd feeling is with the vehicle. Glad I only leased it for 3 years.

Favorite Features

Very good steering. Remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list in 300 words. See above, where I ran out of room also.

No Longer Speaking Japanese
By CMT

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Made three trips to 2 dealers before purchasing my vehicle. Waited 10 weeks and picked it up the 1st week of January, 2010.(Present mileage-4,800) Forget any preconceived notions about this vehicle that you might have. Quite simply,it lives up to and beyond my expectations. The On-Star turn by turn nav is amazing and makes me wonder why anyone would spend $2K on the built-in nav. The blu-tooth feature is exceptional in sound quality and ease of use. The seats are way beyond the comfort of my previous Honda's. Styling, handling and engine performance are first rate. Mileage is avg, about 23 in mixed urban driving. Car is both quiet and smooth on the road. GM sent this one out of the park.

Favorite Features

On-Star turn by turn nav(the operators are polite, friendly and very efficient), blu-tooth, seats, quiet and controlled ride, Pioneer sound system, XM radio, remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastics are too hard. Some softening of the materials would be nice. Auto climate controls too busy and switch gear lacks the quality feel of the imports. Seat leather is not the greatest quality but then again, I could have paid 15 grand more for the Caddy SRX to get the better leather.