2010 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2010 Equinox engine

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2010 Equinox engine
By jlor6012 on

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My 2010 Equinox has been so much trouble. I drive for a living and need a reliable vehicle. My oil began disappearing at around 38,000 miles. I took it to the dealership and was told that it is my job to check the oil at every fill up. They put dye in and had me bring it back. They had my vehicle for 16days and changed valves then gave it back to me saying it was repaired. I drove it the next day and while sitting in traffic the car started shaking and the engine sounded like it wanted to stall. When i called the dealership to tell them i was told a bulletin came out for the engine stating that the engine should be changed.

Favorite Features

The Equinox is a good looking vehicle and is comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Be up front and honest. I was told my engine trouble was not common only to find out it is a very common problem and they knew it all along. If you are going to inconvenience people with you coverups the least you can do is compensate them for the trouble. 2 yrs of free oil changes hardly fits the bill.