2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
2010 AWD L4 LTZ Issues
By cdnuscarfan on 07/26/14 14:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ordered this vehicle in before they were even in showrooms, it now has 60,000 miles, 100,000 Kms on it. We like the design but reliability from day one has been a problem. New motor, Rust at bottom of doors and rear hatch, small bolt on driver side power seat lumbar broke, front wheel bearing etc.. GM and my dealership have been great and fixed at no cost to me, however it has been in the shop often. What really concerns me is the felt material GM is using on all their new vehicles behind the front door hinges for sound deadening . We use salt on our roads and this material remains wet, salty, muddy and needs to be changed. I have removed ours and have not noticed an increase in noise.

Problems with navigation and radio . . .
By dougstamm on 11/15/12 11:56 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My 2010 Equinox included a navigation system which was perfect since I use a nav everyday in my business. The best feature for me was that it allowed me to punch in and save several addresses at the beginning of my trip then just hit the new destination when I was ready. Well so much for that. It now: 1. takes several miles before it even recognizes where I am 2. no longer saves a new destination 3. the compass style select button works intermittently 4. The radio volume and the station save work intermittently! The local dealer says it can't be fixed and it will cost thousands to replace. VERY FRUSTRATING to say the least!

Bad Purchase! Don't Do it!
By acebayb on 10/12/12 10:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my equinox used in August 2012 with only 44,000 miles. Next thing you know I noticed my key was getting stuck in the ignition. I used a search engine to see if others had the same issue and surprise, surprise others had the exact same issue. The dealer is still trying to figure out what's wrong with it after replacing the "control module" and "selanoid". Now my truck is making a rattling noise from the engine and I found out through some research that the previous owner had to have the timing chain replaced. Why??? The truck didn't even have 44,000 miles on it at the time. Now my truck has about 47,500 miles and I am ready to sell it! Warning stay away from this vehicle!

The Best value for my money
By pmmssgt on 07/21/11 18:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Equinox 2010 LTZ in August 2010, brand new. I went from driving two tahoes, to the equinox for the gas mileage mostly. It took me awhile to get used to driving a 2.4 L 4 cyl, but I cannot get over the cost savings in gas. I was spending $200 per/mo and now spend $40- $60 per/mo. I am getting 22.4 in town, and about 30 hwy.

very bad gas milage
By bet48 on 06/02/11 08:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i get the same mpg on straight highway as i do in town. 22 miles per gallon either way. Wish i had not bought it, dealer said nothing they can do since no code is coming up. has 20k and not a thing i can do except lose money by trading it off. any adeas from anyone.

Dissapointed texan
By Marc on 08/30/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We were considering the Equinox or the Mazda6 but my wife and 14 year daughter liked the shape of the Equinox better than the Mazda so figure what we got. We got this vehicle in April and so far we had 2 trips to the dealer service center. First time the warning lights in the cluster looked like a Christmas tree all kind of warning lights popped at the same time, they had to replace the master cylinder (Took 3 days). Second, last Sunday the car just went dead, no power at all and the key was stuck in the cylinder, had to call road service. Was at the dealership for 5 days and nobody could figure what happened. We got it back but I am afraid that it could happen again. Should buy a Mazda!

More Pros than Cons
By Jack C. on 08/20/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have about 3000 miles on my AWD, 4 cy Equinox. I love the look, design and sturdiness. Black Granite metallic paint is beautiful. Two tone leather seats equally nice to look at and touch. MPG averages about 20 with mostly in city and freeway driving. 18 inch wheels make roads bumps less severe. I enjoy the quiet ride. The steering is blah, but it is not a sports car. It is a crossover SUV. Car like, but not impressive for handling. Turning radius seems large. Door lock switch should be on doors. Cargo area will not hold golf club set straight across. Fit and finish are impressive. Seats are comfortable and body hugging in front. I would recommend this vehicle to friends. More +'s.

Great Vehicle
By Shelley on 07/25/10 17:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have the 6 cyl. Currently has 5000 miles. Drove it over mountain passes with no problems at all on long steep grades with A/C on. Handled much better than my old 2000 Toyota 4Runner. More like a car than a truck. Has plenty of power. When I first got it, it felt like the transmission wanted to do the braking for me. It seems to have gotten used to the way I drive and it doesn't do that anymore. Automatic climate control works great. Gas mileage is good and is as stated on window sticker. I looked at a lot of CUVs and this one had the most features for the money. Luxury features for a reasonable price!

LTZ AWD 6 Cyl Exceeds Expectations
By Mad Dog on 07/24/10 06:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

took my new nox on road trip, gas mileage is averaging 22 mpg, 23 on highway. Incredible ride, easy to learn driver interface, tight steering, handles great. Wouldn't imagine driving the AWD w/0 a 6 cyl engine. Growls a little on passing, but vehicle is still breaking in. Chevy and GM got this one right, tough enough for mountain roads, sleek enough for the urban scene. Priced right for all the amenities and features. Center stack has it all, European style, and alpha numeric lcd displays make the car seem like it's talking to you.

Intermittent Shifting
By Cowboywong on 07/16/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I ordered my Equinox in March and picked it up in May. Car went back 3rd day for ignition steering wheel lock. Dealer repaired and no other issues. Transmission downshifted weird on highway and at low rpm. Took it back to dealer and they said it was a quart low on fluid and that should fix it. At 1,800 miles exact issue. Got a loaner car and they reloaded software for transmission. Got car back a week later, ran fine for 13 days, then same issue. Called Chevy and they told me more was done then was on the invoice but they are sending me back to the dealership to try for the third time. Michigan has a lemon law but I am considering getting a lawyer. I know earlier post referenced transmission problems.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$119 per month*