Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

2010 AWD L4 LTZ Issues
By cdnuscarfan

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ordered this vehicle in before they were even in showrooms, it now has 60,000 miles, 100,000 Kms on it. We like the design but reliability from day one has been a problem. New motor, Rust at bottom of doors and rear hatch, small bolt on driver side power seat lumbar broke, front wheel bearing etc.. GM and my dealership have been great and fixed at no cost to me, however it has been in the shop often. What really concerns me is the felt material GM is using on all their new vehicles behind the front door hinges for sound deadening . We use salt on our roads and this material remains wet, salty, muddy and needs to be changed. I have removed ours and have not noticed an increase in noise.

Problems with navigation and radio . . .
By dougstamm

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My 2010 Equinox included a navigation system which was perfect since I use a nav everyday in my business. The best feature for me was that it allowed me to punch in and save several addresses at the beginning of my trip then just hit the new destination when I was ready. Well so much for that. It now: 1. takes several miles before it even recognizes where I am 2. no longer saves a new destination 3. the compass style select button works intermittently 4. The radio volume and the station save work intermittently! The local dealer says it can't be fixed and it will cost thousands to replace. VERY FRUSTRATING to say the least!

Bad Purchase! Don't Do it!
By acebayb

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my equinox used in August 2012 with only 44,000 miles. Next thing you know I noticed my key was getting stuck in the ignition. I used a search engine to see if others had the same issue and surprise, surprise others had the exact same issue. The dealer is still trying to figure out what's wrong with it after replacing the "control module" and "selanoid". Now my truck is making a rattling noise from the engine and I found out through some research that the previous owner had to have the timing chain replaced. Why??? The truck didn't even have 44,000 miles on it at the time. Now my truck has about 47,500 miles and I am ready to sell it! Warning stay away from this vehicle!

Stylish interior/exterior and roomy.

Do not purchase this or you could have problems with the ignition, timing chain, and other engine issues.

The Best value for my money
By pmmssgt

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Equinox 2010 LTZ in August 2010, brand new. I went from driving two tahoes, to the equinox for the gas mileage mostly. It took me awhile to get used to driving a 2.4 L 4 cyl, but I cannot get over the cost savings in gas. I was spending $200 per/mo and now spend $40- $60 per/mo. I am getting 22.4 in town, and about 30 hwy.

I love the inside, the outside and especially love the ride. I have a little over 7,000 in 1 year, and it gets better everyday. I love the sound system (Pioneer, and sync with my blackberry. Enjoy the vista roof! I love this car.

Blind spots on the front windshield posts, and the rear visibility, even w/bu camera is at times hard to work with.

very bad gas milage
By bet48

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i get the same mpg on straight highway as i do in town. 22 miles per gallon either way. Wish i had not bought it, dealer said nothing they can do since no code is coming up. has 20k and not a thing i can do except lose money by trading it off. any adeas from anyone.