Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Most Helpful|
My 2002 Triple black Convertible
By sici

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was lucky enough not only to participate in the 50th Anniversary Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green and Nashville on June 26th. and 27th. 2003. I also was able to participate in the five "hot laps" at Atlanta Motor Speedway on June 25th, 2003. At first I was leery of pushing the car but my Corvette was able to push through and sustain 135 mph around the entire track (1.54 mi) without any shakes, shudders, shimmies or any other anomalies that would decrease my confidence in the car's handling the high speed. She was very capable of going much faster but, the driver was not. THIS IS A GREAT CAR!!

Favorite Features

The HUD The Performance Handling Package

Suggested Improvements

More HP

C5 is a True Driving Machine
By Yvette

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my dream C5, a yellow convertible with a white top and red seats without ever driving it based purely on specifications and styling. Driving it the last 4 years & 9 months has been a blast. It is just as exciting today as it was then. I have driven many cars from all manufacturers except the expensive exotics ala Ferrari and Lamborghini and nothing compares to the Corvette. The car has been perfect except for replacing the battery & O2 sensor. I drive it hard and fast eight months out of the year. It's been a total thrill. Every time I finish a drive, I feel such exhilaration that I want to jump out like Speed Racer. I'm a woman driver that'll never. I need a C6.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include all driving dynamics of the vehicle: power, braking, turning, acceleration and road stability at high speeds on curves or straight aways. Styling is sweet. HUD is a must for fast driving. Power tilt & telecoping steering is great for short drivers & optimum driving position

Suggested Improvements

I drove a C6 for three weeks and put 4,500 miles on the car during that time period. I can say that the C6 basically captured all improvements I'd recommend: Improved road isolation from both noise and bumps, interior noise reduction,and improved interior styling.

Mid Life Toy
By proper

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Always wanted a Corvette, almost bought a 1995 with 50K but it was beat and abused. Found this 2002 Convertible, good price, low mileage. Fell in love almost immediately. Great Looks and acceleration, a real classy looking sportscar. For a car 12 years old it looks better than most cars its age. Everything works inside. Noticed some wear on the outside edge of the drivers seat due no doubt to how you have to get in and out of this low slung beauty. Engine runs smooth and flawlessly on the highway. Headlights could be brighter as well as the daylight running lights but all in all this is a great car.

Favorite Features

Interior layout, Corvette Emblems in strategic places, Convertible top cowling, under the hood, etc. Engine Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Multi CD Disc Player (Single Disc Player, Really????) No cheap plastic (Cup Holder, ashtray door, etc.) Bigger center console.

I love by Electron Blue, white top Vette
By blueberry

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is freedom. I bought it to use in parades as well as have the time of my life at 66. The car handles like a dream, the top is a no brainer and easy to get down. Lots of trunk room for a sports car. And does it get the comments!

Favorite Features

The car in and of its self is its best feature but I love the 10 disk changer in the trunk. The Bose system is dynomite. Speed and preformance are perfect and it loves the 318 turns in 11 miles on the Tail of the Dragon in NC

Suggested Improvements

The drivers set has this crazy wing in the middle with a spring in it right were you put your hand to get out. The seat is wearing at that spot. And the usual grip of only one cup holder.Seat belts could be a bit longer. Lots of big guys drive these and the belts are short!

Love it
By rollie

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned a few Vette converts '58,'61,'66,'67,'71,'75,'87, '95,'98 .. I loved everyone. When I turned 65 I wanted one for keeps. The '02 Flame Red convert I now have is the best. Not one problem since I bought it. Keeps me feeling young and the gals love it.

Favorite Features

The auto tranny, handling, Bose Radio, super A/C, sleek looks and affordable price. I'm 6'5" and have loads of leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of one except the lousy Goodyears that came with it. Threw them away and much happier with Firehawks.