Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Should be faster
By corvettekid

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a black 2002 auto transmission Corvette with 33,000 miles on it (I wanted a manual, but my left knee is too messed up). I love the car, but it seems like she loses power after hard acceleration a few times in a row. Also, I think the voltage regulator is bad cause sometimes it drops down to 12.3 when I am driving and it also jumps up and down a lot when I step on the brakes. For the car having 350 HP it doesn't feel very fast to me except for when it is first started in the morning. Other than that issue, I totally love the car. I get compliments on it all the time. I love how the sport seats hug me during fast turns. I would definitely buy another one.

Sport seats, torque, removable glass top, memory system, bBeating those four cylinder lawn mower sounding tricked out hondas, acuras, etc. Just the feeling I get when I am driving it.

The cupholder is a joke. The ashtray should be lit at night. More horsepower. Heated seats. Louder exhaust note, it is way too quiet for a muscle car.

Awesome Ride
By Scott B

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Vette. Like some other posters I never thought I would own one of my own. Lots of power when you want it. Not bad gas mileage when you're cruising.

HUD, memory functions, targa top

More storage areas, cup holders. But then again, this is a sports car, not a family car

02 Triple Black
By Steveo242

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Phenomenal ride. I have also dreamed of a Vette all my life alone with the posters in the forums. It definitely lives up to the hype. For a little more dough than a Trans Am or Mustang, it is so much better.

Targa top, not enough cars available like this. So much better than a convertible.

Cup holder is a great cell phone holder.

Great value sport car
By Rob W.

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is alot of fun to drive and is very comfortable to drive hours on end.

Engine torque and brakes

An American Legend Lives On.
By Gordon

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Vett, they keep getting better, fantastic power, great ride and unbelievable gas mileage for a car with this amount of power. No mechanical problems to date. Lots of after market performance parts available. Cost of service is very reasonable.

Headsup display,sheer brute power. Gas mileage, have got just over 30 MPG on the highway. Runs great on low grade gas, during these times of high fuel costs.

Behind the seat storage pocket for maps etc . More cup holders and deeper. Deeper center console. Exhaust note to tame. Better/softer leather so seats/interior. Elimination of skip shift feature. Wider tires to give a more agressive look.