2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Should be faster
By corvettekid on 07/20/07 18:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a black 2002 auto transmission Corvette with 33,000 miles on it (I wanted a manual, but my left knee is too messed up). I love the car, but it seems like she loses power after hard acceleration a few times in a row. Also, I think the voltage regulator is bad cause sometimes it drops down to 12.3 when I am driving and it also jumps up and down a lot when I step on the brakes. For the car having 350 HP it doesn't feel very fast to me except for when it is first started in the morning. Other than that issue, I totally love the car. I get compliments on it all the time. I love how the sport seats hug me during fast turns. I would definitely buy another one.

Awesome Ride
By Scott B on 04/09/07 05:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Vette. Like some other posters I never thought I would own one of my own. Lots of power when you want it. Not bad gas mileage when you're cruising.

02 Triple Black
By Steveo242 on 03/08/05 16:38 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Phenomenal ride. I have also dreamed of a Vette all my life alone with the posters in the forums. It definitely lives up to the hype. For a little more dough than a Trans Am or Mustang, it is so much better.

Great value sport car
By Rob W. on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is alot of fun to drive and is very comfortable to drive hours on end.

An American Legend Lives On.
By Gordon on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Vett, they keep getting better, fantastic power, great ride and unbelievable gas mileage for a car with this amount of power. No mechanical problems to date. Lots of after market performance parts available. Cost of service is very reasonable.

Fun beyond your wildest dreams
By StArrow68 on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Interesting thing is that I never thought I'd own a Corvette, not on my radar. However, when looking to replace a daily driver it turned out to have major advantage, I fit. At 6'3" it is surprising how many cars I can't either get into or sit in comfortably, notably the XK8. The C5 at least in it's later years is a bullet proof touring dream. Loads of room, great mileage on the highway with the 6 sp and my wife noted how comfortable it was on it trip home, 1350 miles to get back to CA where none of the dealers would go below MSRP at the time.

Corvette get's top marks
By Toyz on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

At two years now and every day is like the first. Fun to drive, great performance and total reliability.

Enjoyable Experience
By DJK on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Ride is excellent, as if on rails. Performance is outstanding as is handling. Some road noise from the stock tires, but it is tolerable. Six spped shifting is very crisp but could stand to be a shorter throw design. Overall review is that it is an excellent choice for a performance car!

2002 Vette review
By Mark Zambrzycki on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have wanted a vette all of my life, and I am thrilled that it turned out to be such a great car! It was everything that I expected/hoped it would be. My only problems with the vette are as follows: 1) Worst cup holder in history. It sucks big time! The engineers that were involved with the cup holder should be fired immediately. I drive an hour a day, so I like to have a place to put my coffee. But to some, this may be no big deal. But C,mon! How hard is it to design a cup holder that can actually hold a cup??? 2) Interior design needs to be spiced up a bit. Not bad, but needs to kick it up a few notches.

Americas Dream Car A Reality
By CorvetteBlondie on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Corvette, had a '99 prior to this. What a great car! Not only is it a great car that get's attention, but the hatchback allows me to haul all sorts of things without a problem. I've hauled a large coffee table, a treadmill, a 55 gallon aquarium with wood stand, and 2 large barstools (not all at the same time of course)! The car is very comfortable to drive for all heights and sizes, has every feature for comfort, and at an average of 22.3 miles per gallon, I am happy with fuel effeciency as well.