2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Great Car!!
By B1Mario on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best car I've ever owned. I've never had a problem, though I only drive it a couple times a week. Car is extremely fast and sport seats are comfortable to boot!! I have every option available and wouldn't trade it for anything. This car has the performance and ride quality second to none. Will definitely buy a new C6 when they arive!

Best Vette I have owned
By Vettesight on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchaced this car new in October 2000 after waiting 5 months for the order to arrive. I have driven it a total of 17,000 miles which included 2 2,500 mile trips the first year of ownership. I have had no warrantee issues. It has been the most reliable car of any type I have owned. I can't wait until spring when I take it out of winter storage.

Time for another!!
By gpalma on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'd never considered buying a Corvette until this one. Everything I'd heard about them was negative. However, after having this vehicle for two full seasons I must state that it is THE best vehicle that I've ever owned. Not the slightest problem whatsoever and the quality is impecable! I cannot wait to get a convertible for 2003 and my only hope is that it will be as good as my 2001 is.

Using Oil
By pes52 on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 3 miles on it, I ordered it Oct 2000 and took ownership in Jan 2001. I had the dealer to changed the oil and rearend fluid topped off and/or changed. The oil change was free and the rearend cost me about $100. I had 3200 miles on it. I never checked the from that point until I changed it myself at 7000 miles using Havoline syntheic formula 3. I put in the recommended 6.5 quarts. The low oil light came on at 8900 miles. I checked it and it was quart low.

What a blast!
By 2002 on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since I've wanted a corvette since I was young, you can imagine the standards this car had to uphold. Boy does it ever. Even with the automatic (this was a decision based upon my wife), this car is a blast to drive. So, far I've taken it from San Fran to Scottsdale, AZ twice and each time have been extremely comfortable, gas mileage averaged 29 (with avg. speed of nearly 80). My only complaint...the small cup holder. Otherwise, this was a great choice for the money!

$50,000 lemon
By johnf13 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is the worst car I have ever owned as far as quality. At 3500 miles the oil pump went, and at 7200 miles the car caught fire while I was driving it due to a defective fuel line. After rebuilding the car, several problems with the engine and AC. Lost AC, brakes and developed significant new oil leak all within 48 hours. GM refused to acknolwdege problems, and has invited me to pursue lemon law claim. Out of 12 months I had car, 9 in the shop. Would not recommend car to anyone.(Have had 2 Corvettes in the past) Notiified NHTSA re: fire and sudden brake failure, believed to be related to boost.

Pure Adreneline
By RLicursi on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best sports car value for pure "Go Fast" adreneline rush. Others can only hope to measure up.

America's Best is World Class
By macshee98 on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This outstanding car never ceases to amaze me in terms of build quality, styling and performance. It has the qualities of both a luxury vehicle and a high-performance sports car. I've gotten over 26mpg on the highway. Excellent climate control and stereo. Excellent storage space for a two- seater. I've owned many cars, from Germany and Japan, and the US. This one's the best car I've ever had the pleasure to drive. Hat's off to the Corvette designers and engineers. Nothing else comes close, even at twice the price.

John's best
By snb2267 on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had loud tappets, turned out that the problem was some type of vendor quality issue with rings. Dealer replaced rings, tappets etc and problem stopped.

Plastic pack Horse
By Floyd C Bedbury on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive Good handeling-- Most car for the buck. So much better than the old Vett's