Love my CTS Direct Injection in Hot Lava
By Joe N on
2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Looked at BWM 3 and 5, Audi A5, Infiniti G37, Lexus IS350. All nice cars, but the CTS is better. Traded in 3-series for CTS. Although exterior looks are subjective, this is one of most compelling-looking cars in the modern era. Interior is fabulous, as well. Nav system and hard drive are well-designed and easy to use. The pop up function for the nav is a great touch, as is the ability to display the radio info without popping up the nav. Ergonomics are excellent. I find myself looking forward to long trips - it just eats the miles. Glad to finally be able to buy an American car again without compromise. This car reflects serious attention to detail, baked in from lessons learned.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling, performance, interior layout, nav system, pop-up nav with integrated XM and hard drive (like having an IPod in your car). OnStar has been helpful on several locations finding destinations.
Suggested Improvements
GM - please offer the AWD with a manual transmission! Other than that - minor. I agree with a couple of other posters - I have accidentally grabbed the hood release instead of the brake release on more than one occasion. Heated side mirrors would be helpful.