2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: BIG Mistake! Dont buy a 2008!

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

BIG Mistake! Dont buy a 2008!
By katt4 on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We were so excited to trade in our 2004 CTS for a 2008 CTS ! We had never had any issues with our first CTS so we were sure we would be getting another quality CTS. Our new CTS had 31,000 miles on it when we purchased it six months ago. It has been in the shop 4 times for major repairs-oil consumption, catalytic converter replacement, piston rings, cam shaft shims, steering and just this morning, the passenger airbag light is not working! I would expect these types of repairs on a 1980 Ford not a brand new Cadillac. I am half tempted to drop this car back off at the dealership, spend $ 500.00 and buy a junker that would certainly be more reliable than the new car I have now!

Obviously, the styling-the new CTS's are gorgeous, sexy and stylish. For this model however, beauty is only skin deep. I love that my CTS is a manual transmission, its fun to drive but it seems the car spends more time in the shop than actually being driven!

Gosh, where would I start, we have read online that the 2008's are very troublesome and have major issues with oil consumption so I would have to say, just go ahead and get a 2009-skip 2008 models altogether.