2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
A year later
By ctshadaflood on 08/03/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just about one year later, The $48,900 loaded CTS had two leaks in the sunroof making water run into the car though the A frame. The Fuel Pump went the 1st week with 400 mile on the car. Since then all is ok except the hard ride has created more rattles than a NYC Gypsy cab. I'm Very disappointed. Craftsmanship is still crap. No wonder GM is hurting

Love it
By soccerj3 on 07/20/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for a fun and roomy drive. Still needed a large backseat for the kiddies. I had test driven Audi A4, BMW 3 Series and many small SUVs. Couldn't stomach the monthly payments on them as they just were not appealing to me. Once I got behind the wheel of the CTS (black with creamy leather) I was sold. So much fun to drive and the kids are comfortable in the back. I love this car! I will update on reliability as the months progress.

Amazing - a GM product that's a "10"
By thaines on 07/17/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If the new CTS is representative, GM is in the process of pulling off an astonishing revival. The BMWCCA magazine Roundel recently did a comparo between the CTS and the 5 series and concluded that not only was the CTS an excellent auto inside and out, but was virtually the equal of the BMW for over $10K less. After driving the Cadillac and seeing it up close, I agreed with the assessment.

Great Car
By csf1 on 07/15/08 11:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car for the money. Only thing I dislike is the front seats are a little hard because of the heated, ventilated ducting. Also gas mileage is a little less at 19.5 mpg than previous 05 CTS 21.5 mpg which may be due to the AWD and the car still has only 4000 miles.

A great American auto
By Star59 on 07/02/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I drive this car through the streets of Las Vegas and it looks great and gets plenty of stares. The car pulls away fast at intersections and even in this summer heat is always comfortable inside. I thought the sunroof would be a problem but it has not been an issue. Sometimes I'll just take it out on the road for the sheer fun of driving it.

Used to Drive a Honda - 2008 CTS Rocks!
By Brian S on 07/02/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned Honda Accords for the past 18 years, I never saw much reason to consider an American car until this one. Never in a million years did I think I would own a Cadillac! Having said that, this car should cause any reasonable person to change their opinion on GM. Clearly, Bob Lutz and the Caddy design team deserve a lot of credit for bringing a legendary brand back to life. This is a no apologies sedan that brings a watermelon smile every time I look at or talk about this car! Nothing looks like it on the road and it looks great! Tons of compliments from everybody that sees it. The interior materials and features are great. A lot of thought went into engineering this vehicle

Sweet Cadi - CTS
By Carlos D on 06/22/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, this car has exceeded my expectations and you must drive the direct inject V6 with 305 HP to truly appreciate it. I've owned new BMW 5, new BMW 3, and new Audi 6 and the new 2008 CTS not only belongs in this class but outshines them all with ext/int design and features. You definitely get more and more for your money. The direct inject 304 hp engine is there to perform when needed. The sport suspension package with 19" wheels has the CTS hugging the road and gives it the tight feel. I love this car...it's the best 4 dr sport sedan I've owned and if Cadillac continues to deliver quality and VALUE there's no reason to go back to BMW, Audi, or consider others like Lexus.

Best Sports Sedan in its price class
By Dr. Mike on 06/12/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the new CTS for three months and this is the most enjoyable automobile that I have ever owned. All aspects of the vehicle are pleasing. The performance is world class and the interior is set up in a convenient and comfortable manner. The sound system is killer and the Nav is best in class. However, the Onstar turn-by- turn is so simple and cool that I tend to use it instead of the Nav system. I love the total lighting package from the very cool ambient interior lights to the trick light pipes in the front and rear. This car is confident and capable in the canyons, the city or on the highway. Great job Cadillac!!!

Very happy with CTS. No more Beemers.
By Christ Stangeo on 06/07/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For the money, this car has the most beautiful ride and style I have had the pleasure to own. BMW cars constant service and arrogant dealer attitude sent us over to Cadillac. 100% satisfied with CTS, we have finally escaped the German car thing.

Proud to own a Cadillac
By Evan on 05/30/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm 36 and this is my second Cadillac, but this is no fuddy-duddy car like my '04 DHS was labeled. It's a car seemingly made for my demographic. I've never driven a car that turns as many heads and gets as many compliments and inquiries as this one does. The steering feel and handling are superb. The throttle response and manumatic shifting can take some effort to be smooth, but that kind of adds to the fun. The car likes to rev, but it lacks low end torque. It feels a little slow until you hit around 3500 RPM, at which point it takes off almost unpredictably quickly. I also have a strange odor coming from the air vents, and have since day one. Not sure what that's about.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.