Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Good but.....
By Waste

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a fully loaded 08, the back deck where the speakers are rattles terribly, along with bad back struts that rattle louder than the deck. people that ride with me think I have a bunch of empty paint cans in the trunk rolling around! Everything squeaks from the sunroof to the chairs. Plus the service hours are terrible at the dealer.

Headlights and interior

Glove compartments is useless, fix rattling noises on back speaker deck. For god sakes change the strut manufacturer already, every Cadillac has the same problem with the struts

Amazing car!
By Sibica

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been incredible since owning it; gets more looks and comments than any car I've ever owned. Sure, the mileage isn't great, but I didn't buy this to save a few $ on fuel. Interior is SO quiet, build quality is fantastic, and it's a pleasure to drive. In fact, my wife and I fight over who gets to drive it when we go out! We chose the black on black, which really sets the car off. Absolutely stunning to look at. With regards to comfort, I'm 6'5" and have no worries in the drivers seat. Would suggest winter tires for the snow as it is rear drive, but otherwise not a problem. Would buy another one in a heartbeat. LOVE IT!

Design (in and out), silent interior, quiet engine until you open it up!

Fold down rear seats as standard

Great buy, a few minor issues
By cpatterson

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my '08 CTS in August of 2008 as a demo car, so it already had about 5k miles on it. Have had no major problems or defects. The DI engine is awesome, especially when you use premium gas. There are a few rattles that come from the dash and the driver's seat does do some squeaking, especially when the leather is cold. My only complaint has been the brakes, which started squeaking about a month after I bought it. Dealer tells me it's because of the parts used and GM should have a replacement out by January '09 - but it's May and still no way to stop the squeaking. Brakes work fine though. Overall, very happy with my purchase - it's a beautiful car, fun to drive, and a really good price.

Powerful engine. Nice interior. Very smooth ride.

Rear visibility is poor (backup assist should be standard). Thicker and wider seats for the driver and passenger. Fix the brake problem.

Great Car
By Rich

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car just over a year ago. Love the 40 gig hard drive, and nav system with the traffic reports. The car is very comfortable to drive, and handling and acceleration are better than average. The CTS is a sharp looking car inside and out, and the build quality is better than my last two cars, a Mercedes and a Jag. One of the best cars I've owned.

The audio/nav system with real time traffic.

Better design on the trunk, which although appears to be large does not allow 2 suitcases to be placed side by side.

Almost there, but not quite yet.
By omegafiler

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a fully loaded 2008 CTS w/ DI brand new and ended up trading it in about 5k miles later. So you can see where this is going. Overall the car was great, fun the drive, and looked very nice. But after 6 dealer visits and a few annoying issues unresolved, it had to go. The big issue with this CTS and ALL of the CTS's I tested was poor build quality and materials. Every piece of plastic squeaks in the car from the center stack, to center console, to the cheap "chrome" bezel on the IP. Like rattles? Plenty of those around the sunroof, doors, etc. This is not what I or anybody expects from GM's 'best' car they are offering for sale right now. If GM can fix that, they might survive.

Interior design, navigation system, stereo, handling, HID's, heated/cooled seats, keyless entry, and various other "high-tech" features.

Improve build quality and materials! And trust me, I didn't just get a "lemon." They're all the same. Beyond that, everything else is relatively minor. Such as Nav volume issues, limited Bluetooth features, lack of low-end torque, no "push- button" start, more supportive seats, etc.

• SUV