Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

A year later
By ctshadaflood

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just about one year later, The $48,900 loaded CTS had two leaks in the sunroof making water run into the car though the A frame. The Fuel Pump went the 1st week with 400 mile on the car. Since then all is ok except the hard ride has created more rattles than a NYC Gypsy cab. I'm Very disappointed. Craftsmanship is still crap. No wonder GM is hurting

make fewer better quality cars

Love it
By soccerj3

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for a fun and roomy drive. Still needed a large backseat for the kiddies. I had test driven Audi A4, BMW 3 Series and many small SUVs. Couldn't stomach the monthly payments on them as they just were not appealing to me. Once I got behind the wheel of the CTS (black with creamy leather) I was sold. So much fun to drive and the kids are comfortable in the back. I love this car! I will update on reliability as the months progress.

Gorgeous exterior. Very unique. Sporty yet smooth driving, beautifully finished interior (better than BMW), and so much fun to drive.

So far none but I will update as time goes on, maybe better fuel mileage?

Amazing - a GM product that's a "10"
By thaines

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If the new CTS is representative, GM is in the process of pulling off an astonishing revival. The BMWCCA magazine Roundel recently did a comparo between the CTS and the 5 series and concluded that not only was the CTS an excellent auto inside and out, but was virtually the equal of the BMW for over $10K less. After driving the Cadillac and seeing it up close, I agreed with the assessment.

Not only is the Cadillac CTS wonderful to drive, its fit and finish is equal to the best of the imports, and exceeds them in style and extras. Functionality is thoughtful and impressive - with the AWD system, and with the fold down rear seat you get most of the cargo space you get from a SUV.

None. I never thought I would own a GM car, but this one absolutely knocked my socks off on style, utility, and most importantly, value. Bravo Cadillac! I can finally own a wonderful American car again.

Great Car
By csf1

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car for the money. Only thing I dislike is the front seats are a little hard because of the heated, ventilated ducting. Also gas mileage is a little less at 19.5 mpg than previous 05 CTS 21.5 mpg which may be due to the AWD and the car still has only 4000 miles.

AWD, Navigation / Stereo

Make the ventilated front seats a little less hard.

A great American auto
By Star59

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I drive this car through the streets of Las Vegas and it looks great and gets plenty of stares. The car pulls away fast at intersections and even in this summer heat is always comfortable inside. I thought the sunroof would be a problem but it has not been an issue. Sometimes I'll just take it out on the road for the sheer fun of driving it.

Exterior design. It's black with the beige interior. The perfect combo I think.

Hard turns can be a struggle for it and I've felt some wobble in the steering. The gas mileage is terrible. I'm averaging 12 mpg. But of course almost all my driving is stop and go at lights in the city.