2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Car of the year?
By jimboc240 on 09/08/13 17:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I owned the CTS4 with every option since new. (as well as many many other vehicles) I was generally happy with it, especially how it ran in the snow. You can't beat AWD. For a V6, it can move pretty well. The navigation and Bose sound system is probably its best point. It seemed to do everything well, but nothing stands out. I love our country, but the Germans really are on top in the quality department. On the surface, the interior looks nice, but the leather is thin, and everything else is just cheap plastic. The drivers seat broke. They wanted 1200 to fix it. It came with "heated windshield washers" but they disengaged it due to failure after 1 year. With no fix possible.

The Love Affair is Over
By jguerin77 on 08/11/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have decided that owning a Cadillac CTS is like dating a beautiful woman with a black heart: they are gorgeous to look at, but they will do you wrong every time. I had a 2004 CTS first, and I had multiple security issues with it requiring trips to the dealer to fix. The my son totaled it when he hit a deer doing 75MPH. I do like the looks of the CTS, so I bought a 2008 CTS 4 as a replacement. It had 28,000 mi. I have had many issues with it as well. First, it uses oil, and the oil MUST be checked every 1500 miles or you will be in trouble. I checked mine at 3000 (after a #60 oil change since it uses synthetic oil), and NO oil registered on the dipstick. No leaks. CTSs just use oil.

Happy Owner
By majsharan on 03/23/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Cadillac CTS since 2008 when I bought it fully loaded during the bankruptsy and employee pricing wars for $35,000. At that point the '09s were out so I also got rebates for buying the old model year. I have been generally very happy with purchase. A couple of issues mostly relating to fit and finish. The car has some spots where the wood accents aren't quite large enough to fill the space they are in so there a couple of gaps here and there. Also, the car has a pretty bad paint job for a luxury car. It was like they only put one coat of clear on it. The car also has some interior rattles that seem to come from the bowels of the dash and can't be held down to be stopped.

Fuel leak twice
By markneffcts4 on 01/13/13 21:46 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Anyone know what could be wrong? Two fuel leaks in 3 weeks, first was a bad fuel line and Cadillac replaced that, now. I was getting on the freeway and excelerated and engine light came on and message said loss of power, any ideas?

2008 CTS Blown Engine/Oil Consumption/GM fails to act
By jmdhale on 09/18/12 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2008 Cadillac CTS with 31K which was also the mileage at which the oil had been changed. My wife being the primary driver averages 33 miles a day and is very easy on the vehicle. At 41K the car threw a rod resulting in blown engine. At the advice of GM the car was taken to my local Cadillac for repairs. Although the vehicle only has 41K and the power train warranty is for 100K Covert told me there is nothing they can do as my “power train warranty expired 2 days prior to the break down.” For $10,000 they will put a new engine in for me. GM continues to tell me the warranty is good up to 100K, but states I failed to properly maintain my vehicle. I purchased the car with 31,217 miles on it and have documentation from dealership showing the oil was changed at 31,107 miles. The attached excerpt from my 2008 Cadillac CTS Manual states “you vehicle computer will let you know when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on engine revolutions and temperature, and not on mileage.” It goes on to say that one may not need to change their oil, but once a year. When Cadillac turned over their review to GM the local Service Manager wrote “that our vehicle was 6977 miles overdue for an oil change.” The dealership went on to tell me that we should have the oil changed every 5k to 6k. Although the manual specifically states mileage is not a determining factor. Also using the 5K to 6K logic and the fact my oil was changed at 31K we would have been due for an oil change at 37K which based on their equation would only be 3K over not the 6977 reported to GM which resulted in denying my claim. Again GM states mileage in not a factor in oil changes. We owned the car just over 8 months and have only put 9,500 miles on the car. The dealership is stating the car ran completely out of oil and it was our fault. How does oil disappear when we have no leaks? This is not possible and I’ve spoken to numerous certified mechanics who stated “cars do not run out of oil in 9,000 miles unless you have a leak or the car has an oil usage issue which is the fault of the maker. Note this vehicle has 37 recall or service notices some related to power train and cooling systems. We never overheated….no check engine light…but GM and dealership flat out said we are “SOL.” After a 2 billion dollar bailout this is what we get?

Good Buy, Good Car
By alex153 on 06/07/12 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the experience of driving literally hundreds of cars, and I decided to buy this one as my daily driver (awd, every option ticked). I have had minimal reliability problems and the dealer was always excellent at getting it resolved on Cadillacs bill My advice to anyone reading these reviews is that if someone is complaining about the reliability of their CTS they bought used with over 30,000+ miles (That's a lot to me to be calling "new"!), you take that risk when buying anything used as the previous owner could have rode it hard and put it away wet with no maintenance. I've seen every brand have its problems (last BMW was a nightmare).. The pro's have given it good reviews..

2008 CTS Junk Buyer Beware
By techtwou on 05/21/12 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is Junk, I purchased one with 38K miles on it, drove nice for about 3 weeks, and then it started pinging/knocking, the vehicle has been at the dealer now for 6 weeks they can't figure out whats causing the problem, called GM Customer Service they had a Field Engineer go to the dealer and he stated it was fixed, Not so it's still Pinging, Now with additional problems, that they caused (Main Motors Anoka, MN) Now GM customer service is giving me the side step along with the Dealer, people save your money Please don't buy this car in any Year. I am not a disgruntle buyer I have owned 4 Cadillacs before but I will never buy another one ever.

BIG Mistake! Dont buy a 2008!
By katt4 on 03/27/12 05:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We were so excited to trade in our 2004 CTS for a 2008 CTS ! We had never had any issues with our first CTS so we were sure we would be getting another quality CTS. Our new CTS had 31,000 miles on it when we purchased it six months ago. It has been in the shop 4 times for major repairs-oil consumption, catalytic converter replacement, piston rings, cam shaft shims, steering and just this morning, the passenger airbag light is not working! I would expect these types of repairs on a 1980 Ford not a brand new Cadillac. I am half tempted to drop this car back off at the dealership, spend $ 500.00 and buy a junker that would certainly be more reliable than the new car I have now!

Be careful!
By blaid on 03/24/12 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the 2008 Cadillac Cts V6 DI for about two years now. I was very intrigued by the new design and thought it looked very nice. I never bothered to look at the reviews or negatives about the car, so I screwed my self there. I bought the car used with only 24k miles on it and it's been at the dealers for minor problems six times within the two years! Now if the car didn't have a warranty these minor problems would have been a major price considering it is a Cadillac. Key less entry malfunctioned numerous times, wheel tilt control and two windows as well. Engine would make noises and the tech's would not display any information to why. Don't buy it without a warranty, you will lose!

2nd CTS and probably not the last
By cadillacmike on 12/21/11 09:15 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 2nd CTS. the first was a Black 2005 with EVERY option except block heater (we're in FL folks) and pearl paint. This one is the same, in light platinum (looks like the silver on my 2009 STS). It also has AWD. The 2005 went strongly to 117,000 miles when we traded it; this one is up to 30,000. No major issues, but the ultraview sunroof is too noisey, something's loose because i can push up on the divider and the noise goes away. Handling is superb, inside room is good (I also have a Fleetwood and like my room), performance is outstanding. Noise level will be great once the roof is fixed. Eye appeal is without par, wife gets compliments on the chrome wheels all the time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.