Used 2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love the cars body, hate under the hood
By amfahrni

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car used but still with warranty and certified preowned. Had to use the warranty several times to replace many things. Had some problems with the brakes, o2 sensors, lights. Never got the lights resolved. Every time I took it in they said it was fixed but it still reads that I have lights out. Since my warranty expired I have had it brake down on me twice in one month and had to have a huge list of things fixed with a price tag of $2,000 from my friends shop. Which means at any other shop I would never have been able to fix it. Currently it is leaking oil and decides to act up while driving almost daily. The beauty of this cars style is not worth the problems under the hood!

the body style is lovelt, as well as the interior.

My rear lights had wires melt, which as I've read is a common thing. this should be fixed, the parts are needing an upgrade.My after market parts have outlasted all of my factory parts. that's terrible business in my opinion

I still know what their missing!!!
By Iowa Architect

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Follow up to a 2008 review. I still like driving this car and the looks are great. However, I am starting to have to put $$$ into this car for repairs. BMW ripped me off by denying to pay for a broken sunroof diagnosed at the dealership 2 days before the warranty ran out. It'll take!!$1800!! to repair it. The front end suspension has cost me $700 in the last 6 months and I need to put another $750 into a new driver side ball joint and related parts. Best advice for this car is to buy an extended warranty to at least 100,000 miles. Still love to drive it. Ran at 110+ mph in Wyoming this summer for over 25 miles. WOW!! What their missing is expensive repair bills, but it is still a fun ride!!

Handling, ride, dashboard layout and orange lights. Did I mention the looks?

Your recalls should cover the sunroof because the mechanism is cheap and I know of a fair number of other similar/'nearby' year owners who have had to repair the sunroof!

I had wanted a BMW since I was 16
By Alesha

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is phenomenal. I bought my BMW in March of 2009, almost a year ago, and I still love driving it. The only problem that I've had with it was the rear passenger window fell. Luckily it was an easy fix. Now that I've had a BMW, I really can't imagine ever owning anything else. I love it!

Great Buy
By joshcaul

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, comfortable and great fuel consumption. I think BMW hit the mark with the 325, my issues are really quite minor. I like the dependability, power, handling and overall style of the car. My soft points are minor, however in a car of this class, these issues should have been addressed prior to production. Cup holder location. I know this sounds petty, however drive it around for a few weeks and you will agree. In order to utilize both cup holders you have to sacrifice your arm rest. Brake dust! I am yet to see a car with this much brake dust. If you are like me and enjoy your car shiny, good luck! Otherwise I love the car and am very happy with the purchase!

Heated seats, power and handling.

Cup holders, Brake dust, a little more room inside the cabin.

OVERRATED
By beemer - not

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in '03 and always garage kept. Just turned 36K miles with all easy driving. My feeling is that you pay more for a better quality car with the expectation it will hold up better - WRONG!! Had to replace front/back pads & rotors (mostly highway miles) ignition wires, window trim parts, coil spring (never hit a pothole)+++. I really feel the BMW is overrated. The ride is hard especially in rear seat and people complain it's hard to get out of the seat because of the lack of leg room in back and door pillar on side. Also the resale value drops like a bomb after a few short years. All things considered, I would not buy another BMW.

Heated seats

More storage space/better designed controls. Do something about the awful brake dust on front wheels, different break pad materials would help.