Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

There's NONE better! :)
By Bimmer4Life

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love, love, love this car! I have the 330i with the high performance package. I have M3 18 inch staggered wheels, M3 steering wheel, navigation system, bi-xenon-auto leveling headlights, rain sensing wipers... the list goes on. I was hesitant to buy this car 2 years ago with 64k on it, but with all of the service records available, I took the risk. I now have 101K on the odometer and it's still purring (or growling with the dual chrome exhaust!) right along! I also have the Harmon Kardon sound system which is awesome. I owned a '98 328i previous to this car and I can't see EVER owning anything but a Bimmer!!

Favorite Features

Quick/responsive engine, tight steering,"'muscle" look and larger tires, front end and the NAVIGATION! I will never own another car without it!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder/console combo is a bit awkward at times. Coloring is fading off of steering wheel and the color is rubbing off of plastic pieces around cup holders. Nothing major!

Fun and Stylish
By Hughes

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because my Honda Accord lacked fun and perfomance. Looked at a BMW Z3 but wasn't willing to go from a sedan to no storage at all. This was the perfect compromise. Surprisingly has a decent size backseat and backseat leg room for a coupe.

Favorite Features

On steering wheel radio controls, and sports automatic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

More storage for CDs, etc.

Fun to drive
By sparky2708

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 5 years now. Last year my transmission had to be replaced and this year both front axles needed to be replaced because the boot leaked. Car is definitely fun to drive but the problems it is starting to have are serious but strange since I only have 44000 miles on the car. Haven't had any accidents so not sure why all these problems started. My advice, if you buy the car consider getting one with an extended warranty - mine paid off big time!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, great in the snow & rain.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of front end seems to be declining and having a lot of problems with the front-end part of the car.

Disappointing 325xi
By T Nguyen

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it new in 2002. Since then, had to bring it back to the dealer for replacing (4) window operators. Alternator defect found after the 2nd year. After 5 years - just magically right after warranty expired! - rear window molding is peeled off (found to be attached to the car body via "stick-on" glue! - is this really German engineering?); and whenever it rains water is found puddling up in all footwells. The dealer tried to fix door seals 4 times, but water/moisture still infiltrate. Hint for other bmw owners: If your car windshield is fogging up after rainy weather, check under the floor mat! One more problem: power connector for the front seat operator is a cheap clip-on!! BMW value engineering is so disappointing!

Favorite Features

The rides are great!! Unfortunately, many of those rides are to the dealer for service.

Best ever
By gordo

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325xi for 5 years now, have over 108k on the clock. Only 3 sets of tires, awd wear out quicker. Still getting 25-30 mpg. With 100k on it, it's stil worth $$$$.

Favorite Features

Handling, brakes, safety.

Suggested Improvements

Larger back seat, it's tight.