2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2002 BMW 330i Sport/Premium - 5 speed
By IknowUnot on 01/18/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car lives up to everything you've heard! It handles better than any of my friends so called "sports" cars and on the line it can leave most in the dust! I have never had a single mechanical problem to speak of and I've driven it to Omaha, NE and back once and also to Seattle, WA a few weeks ago. The seats are very comfortable for long distances and even though the car is built and handles like a sports car, it rides like a cadillac... nice and quiet. I also get 32 mpg driving back from Seattle! How many 4 door sedans can do 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and still get 32 mpg on the interstate?!? One suggestion... don't get the automatic! You'll be missing out!

Great Drive
By E46 on 01/10/06 00:12 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 3 series after my E36, 325i. This car drives like a dream! It is not as powerful as I would have liked but it made up in handling. I've owned this car for almost a year now and it has had all 4 power windows and the sunroof repaired. The coating on the center console and cup holder had peeled off. The rubberized coating of the interior is very prone to scratches. After the warranty expires, I'm selling this baby!

Makes driving fun
By Ted on 12/22/05 15:16 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

AWD grips road in dry, wet and snow conditions; ABS braking minimizes slip even on ice. Great car for winters; no problems starting or driving. Recommend aggressive snows if you will see more than 6-inches snow on regular basis, but expect solid traction. Acceleration (5spd) is very satisfying -- very nimble in/out of traffic. Top speed in regular driving = 120mph, and not even a labored groan. (Too many tickets.)

I WILL NEVER BUY DOMESTIC AGAIN!
By Tina on 08/29/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was and is my favorite car by far I have ever owner, its handling, cornerings, styling for the price are by far superier to any other car out there. The reliability in impeccable, as well as the general stylings of the car. I would highly recommend this car to ANYONE! Young/old, male/female!

BMW 3-Series is a MONEY PIT!!
By Roy M. on 08/10/05 19:52 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

While the performance of this vehicle is phenomenal, BMW's commitment to customer service, and establishing brand loyalty is 0. Vehicle reliability is terrible as it has left my wife stranded on several occassions. This year alone I've spent $3,000 in repairs. First the a/c, then 3 of the 4 power window motors went out at the same time, not to mention the times the vehicle has left us stranded. When I contacted the North America Corporate Offices I was simply advised to buy another BMW...no customer goodwill credit for repairs, no complimentary service, No..No..No. In conclusion, not the brand of QUALITY, customer service, and/or commitment they portray to be.

Even Better Than Expected
By Mark Workman on 06/20/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car knowing that it had great performance and looks. After 3 years, what I was not expecting was great reliability. This car has been in the shop for nothing other than oil changes. It looks like I just drove it off of the lot and people comment that it still smells new. This is a 3 year old car with 40k miles! I plan on keeping this car for 10+ years. It is worth the money. MPG is at 23 over the life of the car. On the negative, the backseat is small for an infant carrier, but workable and this car has the worst brake dust I have ever seen. Other than that, it is perfect.

You Haven't Driven Until You Have A BMW
By Bill on 05/21/05 06:57 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have owned it 3 years now and still love it. Averages 25 mpg city/highway. Super in New England weather, but you need to keep up on tire condition. I got 50K out of originals and replaced them with the same. Only complaints are; high upkeep costs, and electrical rear tailight that the dealer can't seem to get straight, also it stalls every one in awhile. However, there is nothing like a BMW and this one gives you peace of mind with the all-wheel drive.

125K and still speeding
By robert on 03/11/05 15:26 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. I've put 125K miles on in 3 years. Only problem was the AC control unit going bad at 90K miles. Which was a $140 fix at the dealer. If you want a car that is trouble free, low maintenance, and fun to drive this is your car.

Finally runs well
By Bigd on 01/18/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have 35000 miles on the car and it finally runs like it should. The car was so noisy (I was told it was the new plastic air intakes) it sounded like a garbage truck in low gear. Told nothing could be done. Said it would quiet down with mileage. Amazingly it has and now it runs fine. No problems at all mechanically. Still best looking car on the road. It is top of the line and I may just keep it. The 2005 are not much different.

Tires don't last long
By Michal Joyner on 12/05/04 00:18 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving the car, but I can't seem to get a set of tires to last more than 15,000 miles. Also, maintenance is expensive. A trip to the service department averages $1,000.