Great drive but bad bad quality
By Matthew Graham on
2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan
I love driving this car and this is the second BMW that I have purchased new. The first was in the late 80s when I lived in Europe. I only kept that car for twelve months. It was an absolute mechanical nightmare. I said, I would never buy a BMW again but test driving it changed my mind within minutes, maybe before I put it in gear. They are by far the most comfortable and amazing car to drive but their reliability is just awful and they severely lack the quality and workmanship of their Japanese competitors. I now know I will never again purchase a BMW. It is definitely a younger personís car and as I dive into my middle age, I need and deserve something more reliable and less hassle.
Favorite Features
Just getting into my BWW with nowhere in particular to go and taking a drive around town, up the mountains or out of the city. It is a dream to drive and a driving experience that you will not get in any other car. That is of course when it is actually running.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the quality and workmanship. It is such a shame that a car that is so awesome to drive with road holding like no other cannot have the quality that it deserves. It should be water resistant to the CA weather; this should not be too difficult. The windows mechanisms should last two years.