2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Automatic Windows are Poor
By Joe NY on 07/18/06 18:54 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Drive train wise the car is fantastic. Plenty of get up and go with the slighest touch of the gas peddle. Aesthetically it is still the most attractive on the road. Still get looks for a nearly 7 year old car. In winter I use 4 snows and have no problems even got home in an ice storm. I have a standard shift and its so fun to drive on the curves in the Adirondacks.

Can't go wrong with a BMW
By lovemybmw on 07/09/06 18:26 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my third BMW and my favorite yet, before this car I had a 1999 M3 coupe. I was a little worried about losing power but the 2.8 makes plenty of power and really gets up and scoots. The handling of this car feels just as good as my M3, the ride is firm but comfortable, and the manual trans shifts smooth and precise.

One CoooL Bimmer
By Zzero_CoooL on 06/30/06 22:35 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

This is one very nice BMW, I have owned the car since day one! This baby has it all and has never gave one minute's problems! I have driven it from the South to the North with no problems what so ever! It is now about 6 years old and still looks and drives as good as any 06 model on the market in my eyes! The styling is super sleek and very demanding! I get glances everytime I pull up to a traffic light! This is the best BMW I have owned to date. Note: I've owned 7 NEW BMW's since 1996, By far this 2000 323i is the best!

Good-looking & fun, breaks a lot
By averykc on 06/18/06 22:01 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Overall, I enjoy this car. I like the wagon's look, that it feels solid, & that it isn't too common. My complaints are that it doesn't have much power for accelerating, I'm replacing brakes every 20k miles, all 4 windows have broken, and the lower control arms have been replaced twice (in 57k miles). Oh yeah, the sunroof is toast, too. It makes me miss my Honda, but I like the feel of the BMW so much that I'm not sure I can go back. I've spent $.04-.08/mile maintaining Hondas & Nissans; this BMW is costing me $.16/mile.

Designed for Windy Roads
By virakc on 05/23/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I find myself looking for an excuse to drive the car. Very smooth and responsive. I love driving out of state just to find cars to pass. I noticed a difference when I switched from 93 to 89 to save on gas; extracted better performance with the 93. I chose this car over a 02 mercedes S Class. Consumers: Buy a bra. Have extra money in your bank account (at least 25% of the price)

Certified PreOwned Means Nothing
By BallJointsNsuch on 04/16/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Bought it two years ago Certified Pre-Owned from a dealership in NY. They did 0 work to the vehicle to Certify it, except charge roughly $1000 for the warranty which covers jack squat. I have replaced window regulators, ball joints ($2000), Brakes and Rotors, Tires and a long list of other items. This car rides great but is completely unreliable. My radio and On Board Computer are currently malfunctioning but i've lost patience to go fix it. Go buy a Consumer reports magazine ....then go buy a Lexus. My Tacoma TRD has roughly the same mileage and 0 problems.

323iT Sports Wagon
By TalkingBodies on 03/23/06 10:54 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

This is a great car. It drives, handles, and feels like a unique, solid performance sedan should, yet it is smooth and quiet and gets respectable gas mileage. When considering a BMW, please remember that it is not a Japanese car; it won't be as reliable and as simple to drive, nor as cheap. Conversely, you'll be reminded it isn't Japanese every time you drive it -- it's that enjoyable. Maintenance is also more costly: air filters cost $20, it takes synthetic oil, and even special windshield wipers. You should be aware of this before you test drive. My wagon has had only minor problems: door latches and a sunroof drain issue. I love this car -- I won’t buy another brand.

I love my 323i
By Jared on 02/27/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Awesome car. I was a little aprehensive to enter into the European market but I was blown away by this car. Talk about fun to drive. She'll get up and go like nobody's buisness. She'll take a corner like she's on rails. Its truly amazing. Love it, live it.....BMW!!!!!

BMW Does Not Equal Quality
By BMW = Quality??? on 01/13/06 16:35 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I'm a 32 year old financial planner. Owned a Honda and two Toyota's before deciding to buy THE car. I bought a used 2000 328i with 45k miles on it two years ago. It now has a little over 100k on it. It still runs great, feels great, looks great, it's a real joy to drive. BUT the maintenance costs on this car are crazy. Sensors, computers, brakes, thermostat. I've probably spent an additional $3,000 in the last 12 months on maintenance issues. I finally found a local shop that works on them rather than getting robbed at the dealership for every little thing. Fun car to drive, expensive to own.

Great drive but bad bad quality
By Matthew Graham on 12/05/05 13:42 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car and this is the second BMW that I have purchased new. The first was in the late 80s when I lived in Europe. I only kept that car for twelve months. It was an absolute mechanical nightmare. I said, I would never buy a BMW again but test driving it changed my mind within minutes, maybe before I put it in gear. They are by far the most comfortable and amazing car to drive but their reliability is just awful and they severely lack the quality and workmanship of their Japanese competitors. I now know I will never again purchase a BMW. It is definitely a younger person’s car and as I dive into my middle age, I need and deserve something more reliable and less hassle.