2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fantastic Car!
By e30mpwrd on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Bought my 323 with 60k miles on the clock. The car has been fantastic. Yes it's underpowered relative to the 330--but that's why it costs less! The car is still quick--esp. when it gets in the heart of the rev's, and it handles like--well, like a BMW should. The ergonomics of this car (the E46) are a huge step forward from the E36.

Great car.
By Lukasz on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

Great performance car, outstanding handling, sweet ride quality,

Wicked Car
By Choppermagic on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

Graduated from my 318i to the 328Ci last fall. I love this car. With the M-sport package and premium packages it has everything you would want (except for the navigation, which the aftermarket is better at anyways). Handles like a dream with solid power. Looks awesome at night. With the uglification of the newer BMWs, you cant go wrong with the beauty of this model.

Lady in RED
By Lady in Red on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This is my favorite vehicle i have ever owned. The quality is superior to all others. BMW is a great investment!!!

Overpriced and unreliable
By bueller72 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car brand new in 2000 and can honestly say that this has been the most expensive and poorly designed vehicle I've ever owned. I've had the following issues: suspension issues (control arms - 2 times!), HVAC, ignition switch, windown regulators, power steering pump, radio, horns, speakers go bad and require replacement. Latest issues: camshaft sensor, amplifier, and another power window regulator. Stay away from BMW. BMW North America doesn't care about their customers either. After warranty expires, DUMP THIS CAR.

Very Satisfied, but
By Upstate on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Overall, the performance, roadhandling, and drivability of this model BMW is outstanding. Also, the interior design and comfort is all you could ask for from this size vehicle. The one disappointment is its poor road handling on snowy roads. My car came with 17" low profile all-season tires that track very poorly on snowy roads. Snow tires are a must in winter environments. Another negative impact of cold weather on my BMW's engine is about a 20% reduction in gas mileage.

One Beautiful Bavarian
By JtodaJizzle on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This vehicle was one of the best investments I have ever made. BMWs keep their value so well. My car still performs and looks like it is brand new. This car is in mint condition and it has 45,000 miles on it. The engine still performs when you push it and the suspension and ride quality is second to none.

One of the best designed cars
By E46_fool on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I've had my 2000 328Ci coupe for about 1 month now, and have taken it from 26,500 miles to 27,500. I love this car; BMW has managed to engineer a vehicle that still beats every competitor more than 4 years after its introduction. Quality seems very good, the driving dynamics are every bit BMW, the engine is more powerful than its numbers would indicate, and the interior finishings are well done, with high quality wood and leather on the premium package car. Overall, I have a few minor issues with the car, but overall, I am thrilled with it every time I drive it and wouldn't consider anything else, new or used, at the price I paid.

car of our dreams?
By uttalinger on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

We bought a 2000 BMW 5 months ago. The road handling of the car is like no other, it is superior in hugging the road and leaves the driver a powerful feeling of being in control. The car has also been in the shop 4 times. The engine is very underpowered and stalls on hills. The electric mirrors broke, moon roof broke, bushings went, control arms had to be replaced, water leaks in door, shifter knob fell off and numerous other problems. The dealer says this is inherent in these cars and can do nothing for us. The car, in our opinion, is unsafe and a "lemon".

Love it but problems
By RPHSR on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

Have put 85000 miles on it since 01/00. Mostly highway. Need to repaint ($1475) bumper, hood, front of fenders, not so much from stone chips but from tiny white speckels from worn away paint. BMW provided parts(I the labor $271) at 69000 to rebuild the front steering.Under warranty replaced front rotors and pads, trunk lock twice, power moonroof once, wood trim on driver handle (now cracked again). Love my Harmom/Kardon sound.