Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fantastic Car!
By e30mpwrd

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Bought my 323 with 60k miles on the clock. The car has been fantastic. Yes it's underpowered relative to the 330--but that's why it costs less! The car is still quick--esp. when it gets in the heart of the rev's, and it handles like--well, like a BMW should. The ergonomics of this car (the E46) are a huge step forward from the E36.

Favorite Features

That smooth BMW in-line 6.

Suggested Improvements

None!

Great car.
By Lukasz

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

Great performance car, outstanding handling, sweet ride quality,

Suggested Improvements

I would like to close windows using remote control (european version has that option).

Buy the warranty
By All Jazz

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my BMW 328 with 44,000 miles on it. It is beautiful and drives like a dream. The problem is that many little things keep breaking. I don't even drive it everyday. I have only put 5,000 miles on it in one year. It has been in the shop 3 X. Currently, the emergency light is not working. That's bad. Great cars but make sure that you buy the warranty.Also, when you call to get it fixed the wait is 2 weeks. Good thing I have a backup car. My dependable Jeep Grand Cherokee! (for real) Husband drives a 1991 BMW and has had no trouble with it. Purchased it with 65,000 miles on it. Again, make sure you get the warranty!

Favorite Features

Tightness of steering, radio, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Extended warranty 10 years/100,000. We should get this for what we paid for these cars.

What a Car!
By Gilesjewels

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Always loved Saabs for the way they handled curves and cornering but this first time Bmw owner is convinced that this is the best car I have ever driven.It is powerful,luxurious, and drives smooth.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, cd player, wood trim, dimming rear-view mirror, and great road handling.

Suggested Improvements

More storage for cd's ,better side view mirrors perhaps add small convex mirrors for better view of the road

Great Car
By msknet1

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I have had my 2000 323iA for almost two years and the vehicle has 80k on the odometer. I drive over 100 mi round trip to work every day and average 30+ mpg on the highway during the warmer months. Overall average is 27+ mpg. I use dedicated snow tires during the winter and the car is wonderful in bad conditions. I have the required servicing performed and change the oil and filter at 8k intervals. I value this car for its driving characteristics, safety and overall appearance. Best car I have ever owned. Wife wants to drive it all the time as well. When I compare to other vehicles, I keep coming back to BMW. This is my 5th BMW over the past 20 yrs.

Favorite Features

Quiteness and nice sounding mechanicals. Handling in all conditions, decent fuel economy and the overall feel of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing comes to mind