Used 2004 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Pocket Rocket
By Ratbert

2004 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my BMW330ci for this little monster. Got tired of seeing myself come and go at every light and this TT is distinctive. More than enough zip-- Sufficient room for 2 and luggage, this is a head turner. Quick, tight and FUN to drive, I love it.

New gearbox is excellent. Smooth and quick. Almost didn't but it because the Quattro didn't have 4 (5 or 6) on the floor, but I love this transmission. Stylish, quick and fun to drive.

Armrest on driver door, power seats.

Proof that you can improve on perfection
By ThirdTT

2004 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was a prior Porsche owner when I got my 2000 TT. When, in 2002, a 6 speed ALM became available, I simply had to have that red coupe. The 6 speed manual made driving such a pleasure, even in traffic. I so loved that car, I knew I would keep it forever. But then the 3.2 was introduced and a review by TechTV impressed me. I had to have that new transmission and it was time for a convertible. I have never regretted the decision.

It has to be the new transmission. It is spectacularly smooth, still great fun, but remarkably convenient when I just don't feel like shifting.

As one who suffers from time to time from wrist pain, I would appreciate a mechanism that extends the seat belt for ease of use and would also like the driver's seat to be electrically adjustable. But I love the car as is and consider it a privilege to drive.

Great Roadster..
By alpinex

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Log in 500 miles on my TT so far and the car has exceeded my expectations. The car acceration is extremely quick from a dead stop. Handling is very responsive on tight turns, you also feel in control. Ergonomically the instrument panel is flawless and extremely easy to operate. The cabin space is fairly spacious for a 2 seater, much more spacious than the Z4. The TT is extremely fun to drive and worth every penny!

Interior stying, spacious cabin, baseball leather seats makes the TT very distinctive, unique car (chances are you're the only owner in your neighborhood), extremely fun to drive.

No armrest option available from Audi, but I found a great TT quality supplier with an exact color/style match at stratmosphere.com. Headrest is not adjustable and no power seat options.

Best I've owned in 40 yrs of Luxury cars
By Ed Laroche

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

No problems and great fun...drives like a slot car....

The Look, the drive and the interior!

NONE

What a car!!
By tucanos

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the most enjoyable car I ever driven. It is a car that respond quickly to acceleration and the ransmission is smooth and sporty. The car with the soft top on, appears ordinary, however you lower the top and the fun begin. The car I drive car has a Bose system and capacity for six cd's. which allow me to enjoy music for a long time, and that is a good thing because the access to the cd changer is cumbersome to say the least. The instrumentation readings took a couple of weeks to handle it, now is just perfect for me. This is a good looking car that I recommend, especially to those people living in places with plenty of sunny days.

Turbo feature, convertible, transmission that allows to control shifting gears from the steering wheel.

Make more useful interior space, you cannot even place the manual in a decent place. Improve the accesibility of the cd changer. Make the a/c controls simpler.