2004 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Disapointed with Audi TT
By hirams on 01/05/14 17:50 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car 5 years ago in 2008 with only 28K miles and even though its fun to drive the repairs has been ridiculous. The factory warranty expires at 48K/4years. The car was 4yrs and 5 months when I bought it. At 32k the instrument cluster needed replacement at a cost of 1,250. At 40K the water pump needed to be replaced 1,850. At 45k the transmission needed to be replaced 5,200. At 56k the alternator, belt and tensor were replaced 1,650. At 72k the alternator was replaced again for 595. Audi should've replaced the the instrument cluster and the transmission because both failed before 50k but they washed their hands. After this experience I'll stay with BMW,never buy an Audi again.

A Joy Every Time I Get In It
By faucj on 07/15/13 14:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought it secondhand, w/ low miles. Blast to drive! At 40K, no problems, but I have a reputable independent mechanic do preventative maintenance & proactively replaced the timing belt, etc. Very sport-oriented: firm ride, short gear throws, purpose-over-comfort cockpit, all fine - I wanted a sports car - but even for this driving enthusiast more than five hours in it is a little much. Top up, poor rear visibility - backing out of a parking space, especially with so many SUVs around, you can't see. Best to park backwards. Also, top-down requires a manually installed tonneau, which you have to keep with you, limiting trunk space. Research the forums - they're why I decided on the manual trans.

My Audi is 9 Years Old !
By singleindixie on 04/05/13 11:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car drives/looks brand new. I sure get respect when I drive anywhere. The people at Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensacola have treated me very well. My interior has the baseball optic which looks impressive. Turns on a dime, fast take-off and stop. It can be a little noisy, but who cares, especially when the Bose is cranked up. Good car to purchase.

Auditt
By W on 08/13/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Head turning all the time. Just cool and practical with front-wheel drive.

Pick of the litter of the MK1 TT's
By Carl W. Krause on 11/25/08 14:05 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third TT of the MK1 series and is the best of the three in my opinion. The VR6 is a better engine than the 1.8 turbo. I have no timing belt woes to worry about, for example, because the cams are chain-driven.

TT Dolomite
By JettaRed on 05/06/08 09:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car as a CPO car in September 2007. It had come off of a lease and was immaculate. The styling is untouchable, the Audi rings are enviable. Boy racers (WRX, Evo, etc) don't even come close to the classiness of this car. Now the fun! With some computer reprogramming and bolt-on performance modifications, this car will behave according to its image. Chip tuning, water injection, exhaust upgrade, and AWD controller upgrade make this car the car that the factory should have produced.

Really Disapointed
By Chris G on 08/14/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I must have just gotten the odd lemon based on the other reviews. After 75,000 miles in 3 years, I have spent over $10,000 in repairs and maintenance. This includes $5400 for a timing belt at just over 50,000 miles. The car is got a lot of pick up after the brief hesitation waiting for the turbo to kick in. It corners well and the stereo system is great, but that's about it. I have no desire to own another Audi. I have spent more repairs on this car than on my last 3 Toyotas combined and this car was far less reliable than my last two Volvos.

Audi TT 3.2L DSG is a different TT
By DrRob on 02/03/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My favorite car. Before this I owned the 1.8L Quattro TT coupe. The normally aspirated 6 cylinder with DSG gear box is a lot more sports car - it is what the TT should have been from the start. I never thought that I would like a sports car without a traditional stick, but Audi's DSG is great. The paddle shifters are great. My first TT had reliability issues, especially with the electrical system. Through 30 months, this one has been flawless needing only routine maintenance. Get special order outside mirrors to eliminate the TT blindspot. Change the oil often to prevent sludge.

What a blast!
By TT FN on 04/25/06 09:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is the most fun I have had in a long time. I can feel myself smile each time I get into it and start the engine. Everything just fits and feels great and the engine purrs like a lion. I wish it had a 6 disc CD in- dash but my i-Pod and i-Trip work great with the radio and to complain about CD capacity in an otherwise perfect vehicle just seems petty. The handling and performance are right on target for daily driving and road trip fun and the seats are about the most comfortable of any in this class of vehicle. I strongly recommend this car.

better than my Pontiac GTP in every way
By M. Gregory on 11/28/05 19:41 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have always owned GM products, now I see the reason people are buying the foreign autos, I love the head and leg room, the fuel economy, the sheer performance of this little 4 cylinder, manual/automatic car. 130 MPH smooth as silk in my 180 HP weeney model, it is pure fun, my wife and me have had more fun with this car than any car, bike, truck or camper we own,