Used 2011 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Audi Q5 SUV

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Audi is not the "Truth in Engineering"
By renstaley

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had my Audi Q5 in the Audi service department 4 times over the last 6 months. This time it broke down on me 2 weeks after Audi stated it was fixed. Well, now they are telling me I need a new engine at the cost of $14,700. They will not take responsibility for their mistakes or mis-diagnosis. They said that is was a cracked head and that Audi does not issue replacement parts. It has to be a complete new engine.
Not only has my car been in the service department for 2 months, Audi had the mechanic remove the cover and look a bit further. I did not authorize anything to be done. They still have my car and now have told me that they will not help with their mistakes. Now I have no car and no answers.
The oil consumption is another issue all together. 1 quart per 750 miles. I spent more money on oil than gas. But as always, they say its normal.
The airbags in my Q5 are on the recall list. Audi however, will not issue a recall. They have left us hanging and has put mine and my families life in danger.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do your research before purchasing any Audi product.

Disappointed Beyond Belief
By unhappywill

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After purchasing 4 Audi's from the same dealership I am at a loss for words.
We bought an extended warranty to 100,000 miles.
We had ongoing issues with oil and at 82,000 miles the pistons were replaced.
At 103,000 they now tell us, after all services were performed at the dealership,there is a problem with the engine compression.
They say it is our problem.
Wow, I spent over $42,000 on a car that now will require a new engine and is over the warranty by 3,000 miles.
I thought Audi was a premium brand that stood behind its product and appreciated a loyal customer.
I guess 4 car purchases does not count for much these days.
I don't think I'll be buying nor recommending Audi ever again

GPS is amateur.

Great Overall Small CUV/SUV
By dbalsam

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have owned my 2.0T Premium Plus for 5 months now.
Waited until honeymoon phase was over to write review.
Coming from an 08 Infiniti G35xS to this, so big change.
Wife drives an Infiniti XQ56 so I don't need anything larger.
Grew tired of "G"cramped interior, lack of cargo/storage, road noise, no fold-down seats and gas mileage.
Looked strictly for smaller CUV that was fun to drive, AWD, handled well, had good power, some decent cargo while maintaining the mpg's.
Cross-shopped FX35, SRX, Touareg and X3.
Love Q5!! For 2011 model year you had choice between 2.0T of 3.2.
The 3.2 sucks more gas, lacks low-end torque and add over 200lbs. to car.
ZERO issues with oil consumption.

Wish I had more room to add comments above. Anyway, love panoramic roof which makes interior open and roomy. Love the B&O sound system, Nav map, gas mileage (Avg. 25 so far), handling and taut suspension, Quattro system (40% front/60% rear), Look of LED headlights, color combo black exterior and cinnamon interior, How quiet car is on highway, cargo/storage size based on cars footprint, smooth transmission shifts.

Some of these improvements have been addressed on the 2012 and newer models. For 2011 Premium Plus 2.0T could NOT get advanced keyless/push button start. (Standard in my 08 G35). MMI is one extra step with everything to access nav, stereo presets, phone, etc. (Behind the times IMO) Infiniti setup was better and quicker to access. Bump the 2.0T even more for power as that engine can take it.

2011 Audi Q5
By tyla

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car. Haven't used a drop of oil in over 40,000 miles.
Added a new exhaust system, made a big difference in performance

Steering, comfort, safety. Great in snow. Love the triptronic and sport mode.

Aerodynamics could use some improving. In snow, the rear of the car gets really built up with snow. Also MMI screen needs improvement. Gets scratched easily.

3.5 years, 58k miles and counting.
By travis_in_tx

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased new 2011 2.0T with sunroof, no Navi. I use this suv all the time - lots of hiway miles, some offroad/farm tracks, vet errands, cross country. Need the SUV format. 1st set of OEM Tires lasted about 45k, new Pirellis I think are even better. I keep a qt of SynthOil in the boot, in 3 years have added 4 quarts total - glad mine's not unique, and seriously people, this is not among life's major problems considering all the positives. Lifetime MPG is 24.7. Audio/iPod/Sat is great. Cargo is functional, plenty of passer space.
It's a solid efficient SUV, I don't know what I would get instead. I do have a soft spot for that Subaru/dog commercial, but Q5 suits me for work and after work.

Those cinnamon/mocha seats with black exterior - lots of compliments. Quattro and basic handling - it's no A4 or track car but you feel well grounded, and I have straddled ruts and poor farm roads thru sand and mud on occasion. 2.0T is a great engine - best combo of fuel and power for a two ton truck/SUV. Base Audio is very high quality. 3 power ports very helpful, I use em all. Big sunroof & solar blocker are fine even in TX -- I thought it would be too hot… nope.

Options are pricey, keep your cost down by not getting the Navi, or the Xenons, or sport wheels, or the power hatch (but if you're hauling a baby and lots of goodies I can see the need…). The basic SUV is a good value under $38k but can quickly escalate. I miss the old Audi 50k free maintenance. As a result I don't use Dealer service, found a good Euro-service shop that handles all for less $.