2011 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Disappointed Beyond Belief
By unhappywill

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After purchasing 4 Audi's from the same dealership I am at a loss for words. We bought an extended warranty to 100,000 miles. We had ongoing issues with oil and at 82,000 miles the pistons were replaced. At 103,000 they now tell us, after all services were performed at the dealership,there is a problem with the engine compression. They say it is our problem. Wow, I spent over $42,000 on a car that now will require a new engine and is over the warranty by 3,000 miles. I thought Audi was a premium brand that stood behind its product and appreciated a loyal customer. I guess 4 car purchases does not count for much these days. I don't think I'll be buying nor recommending Audi ever again

Favorite Features

GPS is amateur.

Great Overall Small CUV/SUV
By dbalsam

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have owned my 2.0T Premium Plus for 5 months now. Waited until honeymoon phase was over to write review. Coming from an 08 Infiniti G35xS to this, so big change. Wife drives an Infiniti XQ56 so I don't need anything larger. Grew tired of "G"cramped interior, lack of cargo/storage, road noise, no fold-down seats and gas mileage. Looked strictly for smaller CUV that was fun to drive, AWD, handled well, had good power, some decent cargo while maintaining the mpg's. Cross-shopped FX35, SRX, Touareg and X3. Love Q5!! For 2011 model year you had choice between 2.0T of 3.2. The 3.2 sucks more gas, lacks low-end torque and add over 200lbs. to car. ZERO issues with oil consumption.

Favorite Features

Wish I had more room to add comments above. Anyway, love panoramic roof which makes interior open and roomy. Love the B&O sound system, Nav map, gas mileage (Avg. 25 so far), handling and taut suspension, Quattro system (40% front/60% rear), Look of LED headlights, color combo black exterior and cinnamon interior, How quiet car is on highway, cargo/storage size based on cars footprint, smooth transmission shifts.

Suggested Improvements

Some of these improvements have been addressed on the 2012 and newer models. For 2011 Premium Plus 2.0T could NOT get advanced keyless/push button start. (Standard in my 08 G35). MMI is one extra step with everything to access nav, stereo presets, phone, etc. (Behind the times IMO) Infiniti setup was better and quicker to access. Bump the 2.0T even more for power as that engine can take it.

2011 Audi Q5
By tyla

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car. Haven't used a drop of oil in over 40,000 miles. Added a new exhaust system, made a big difference in performance

Favorite Features

Steering, comfort, safety. Great in snow. Love the triptronic and sport mode.

Suggested Improvements

Aerodynamics could use some improving. In snow, the rear of the car gets really built up with snow. Also MMI screen needs improvement. Gets scratched easily.

3.5 years, 58k miles and counting.
By travis_in_tx

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased new 2011 2.0T with sunroof, no Navi. I use this suv all the time - lots of hiway miles, some offroad/farm tracks, vet errands, cross country. Need the SUV format. 1st set of OEM Tires lasted about 45k, new Pirellis I think are even better. I keep a qt of SynthOil in the boot, in 3 years have added 4 quarts total - glad mine's not unique, and seriously people, this is not among life's major problems considering all the positives. Lifetime MPG is 24.7. Audio/iPod/Sat is great. Cargo is functional, plenty of passer space. It's a solid efficient SUV, I don't know what I would get instead. I do have a soft spot for that Subaru/dog commercial, but Q5 suits me for work and after work.

Favorite Features

Those cinnamon/mocha seats with black exterior - lots of compliments. Quattro and basic handling - it's no A4 or track car but you feel well grounded, and I have straddled ruts and poor farm roads thru sand and mud on occasion. 2.0T is a great engine - best combo of fuel and power for a two ton truck/SUV. Base Audio is very high quality. 3 power ports very helpful, I use em all. Big sunroof & solar blocker are fine even in TX -- I thought it would be too hotÂ… nope.

Suggested Improvements

Options are pricey, keep your cost down by not getting the Navi, or the Xenons, or sport wheels, or the power hatch (but if you're hauling a baby and lots of goodies I can see the needÂ…). The basic SUV is a good value under $38k but can quickly escalate. I miss the old Audi 50k free maintenance. As a result I don't use Dealer service, found a good Euro-service shop that handles all for less $.

Disappointed
By atlanta001

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought a Q5 in 2010 August. While this is a great car to drive, problems with the oil consumption ( it is a major irritant) and brake pads ( I have done 47 K miles) and have them elaced twice. What is truly disappointing with Audi is the way the company and dealership have washed their hands of these issues. I used to own a BMW before shifting to an Audi, but this is definitely the last Audi I would ever buy

Fantastic value for a luxury vehicle
By jensjohn

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned this CPO 2011 Q5 for a year now and it is a pleasure to drive. Lovely ride, good service b the dealer although i am in the warranty period (29k miles). There were 2 issues - one is a broken sunvisor which was replaced free of charge and a leak/gap in a body panel that caused water to come in...this was also addressed through a technical bulletin and repaired free of charge. Build quality could be better and i was old that Audi is working on it. I am an Audi fan now.

Favorite Features

MMI, Panoramic sunroof, dynamic drive

Suggested Improvements

Body build quality

2.0T oil consumption
By bibel1

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got this car relaying on Audi brand . I'm very disappointed that info about excessive oil consumption in these engines was available before . We are going back for refill oil every 1,200 miles.That is very annoying. Dealer does everything to accommodate us including free car wash. They claim this if within tolerance.We see dozens of disappointed Audi owners there.DO your research before you buy.There is more and more info online about this problem.

What the sales people don't tell you.
By geffroy

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My Audi Q5 burns about 1 quart every 4K miles and we've owned it for about 1 1/2 years and has 22,000 miles. Audi says that as long as it's not more than 1 quart per 1,000 miles it's ok and in the mean time they won't do anything. Moreover, in the owner's manual (page 273) it states the following under the oil consumption section: "Depending on the way the vehicle is driven and the operating conditions, oil consumption can be up to ½ quart per 600 miles. Consumption may be higher within the first 3,000 miles." I expect more from a $50,000 car and Audi is washing their hands off on this issue. If we had know, we would have bought another car.

Favorite Features

size, and shap. It drives nicely.

Suggested Improvements

redo engine so it doesn't burn oil and pollute.

Still loving my Q5 after 15k miles!
By bjterp00

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have put 15k miles on my Q5 since taking delivery just over 8 months ago, and I am loving it! The design is great inside and out -- an extremely handsome car. The interior fit and finish is impressive, especially the special order ash wood inlays. The Bose audio, built-in nav and Bluetooth systems are all great. The Q5 handles very well for an SUV -- very car-like, and the 3.2 L V-6 is very smooth. The transmission responds well whether driving leisurely or aggressively. The S setting on the PRNDL really kicks it up a notch by holding gears to redline during acceleration.

Favorite Features

Interior design Bose audio (worth the $850) Bluetooth -- as good as landline speaker phones Automatic lift gate Handling

Suggested Improvements

Cargo space is a little tight Side mirrors are a bit large (but nice after getting used to them) Background hiss with iPad hooked into audio system (but no hiss present with iPod or iPhone)

2.0T Q5
By 330zhp

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Quiet, comfortable daily driver. Averaging about 24mpg. Love the steering (easy to turn in parking lots and slow turns). No effort to drive. Would not like this in a sports car, but works well in this application.

Favorite Features

Quiet, comfortable. B&O sound very good. MMI system very easy to negotiate and use. Decent acceleration for a small turbo four hauling a 4000lb SUV. Gotta love Audi front LEDs. iPod interface very good.

Suggested Improvements

Handling could be a bit better, but then you lose that nice ride I suppose. Seat heaters not that great.