2010 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Owned for less than 1000 miles
By hadalotofcars on 07/26/11 13:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The CVT was not a responsive transmission like we thought it should be. The car was tastefully designed but the radio horrible to try to use. Loved the exterior design but way overpriced with a CVT

Be careful with this one
By Kathryn on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I absolutely loved this car until there were oil problems at 2500 miles. At usage of 1500 miles (I bought it with 1000 on it), my car indicated low oil. As it had not been leaking, my car was burning it. Audi of America and the dealer said this was in spec, that turbo engines burned it. They offered to put a quart in every time. They could not answer to the long-term ramifications however and did not want to fix it. Had I known that my car required a quart of oil per 1500 miles I would not have purchased it because something seems wrong here. ONLY the 09-10 A4s do this. Turbo engines shouldn't burn that much. It affects my fuel efficiency and has taken away the joy of owning a new car.

Don't get the CVT
By columbiaguy on 07/15/10 10:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was given this car as a loaner car while my 06 A4 was being repaired. Even though my older A4 was broken, I still prefer it ten times over this new model. The CVT hesitation is absolutely unbearable! Do not buy the front wheel drive car with the CVT because you will regret it. The new A4 redesign is nice, but I actually think that the old A4 was prettier, and more engaging. This new one just feels similar to a Lexus, with less reliability. You feel disconnected from the road, and in a German car, that is not a good thing since that is the whole reason you buy one.

Premium Plus w/MMI
By Tony K. on 06/12/10 19:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased a 2010 A4, Premium Plus with FrontTrak after testing driving many cars including BMW 328i, Mercedes C300, Lexus I250, Infiniti G37 and Lincoln MKz. All cars I test drove were very good but the Audi A4 was the best in my opinion. Audi A4 was the perfect blend of a beautiful exterior, high quality sports sedan with peppy engine performance with exceptional handing and a large, well appointed interior cabin with leg room. The last part was very important to me. I am 6’2” tall so I did not want to feel cramped inside the car. The A4 has more room than a BMW 328/MB 300/Lexus I250. The A4 is also a very good looking car. I receive many complements on its exterior and interior looks.

What can be better?
By Hmoeti on 06/05/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A4 2010 2.0 premium plus/sport package/Nav. This car got it all: Luxury, Style, Power, Technology and Fuel Efficiency. Love the turbo engine. Sport tuned make a big difference. Almost got a BMW 335i. NO regrets. Saved $12K and have everything I wished for. Fuel efficiency with such a performance is a big plus! Dealership much more flexible than BMW.

Unreliable but good looking
By Adi Charlotte NC on 05/14/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

If you want a candy for an eye, this is a car for you. If you want a reliable vehicle, DO NOT buy Audi with 2.0T engine! To most people, adding oil every 1000 miles is a hassle but Audi will tell you it's "normal". Google "A4 oil consumption problem" for more details on this issue.

Audi A4 Premium Plus
By Carreview on 04/20/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I drove the Mercedes c-300, BMW 328i, and the Lexus is250 prior to making my choice. The ride was the most comfortable in the Audi A-4. It also has great handling that matches in comparison to the other models. This turbo is makes it more zippy than the v6's in the comparison models. Drive this car before you choose one of the others.

Nice luxury vehicle for the price, but...
By Casey on 04/01/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

It could have been better. Lack of Auto dimming mirrors and memory seats on non Quatrro model is a joke. To get those two features, you need to go with a Quattro for an extra $2K (for automatic) and another $9K for Prestige option. Steering wheel can be little more stiffer. It is too light that I constantly have to make adjustments while driving. When I'm on freeway, I go zig-zag. My girlfriend actually got motion sick due to it. I have an Infiniti which has a real stiff steering wheel, so it'll probably take a while to get used to it. Audi's Multi Media Interface(MMI) is not very easy to use. It is located in the center console, so you need to look down while driving to change something.

Hands Down Winner
By Audi4Me on 11/24/09 19:36 PM (PST)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Lease was ending on a 2007 A4, and looked at the BMW 328, Mercedes 350C, and G37 as well as the 2010 A4; This car had the best balance of performance / luxury relative to price of anything I looked at (I have the Premium Plus and Sport Package). Don't be put off by the 4 cyl turbo - driven in "S" mode the car has as much, if not more, acceleration as the others and is a blast to drive. I'm looking forward to three great years with this one!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Audi A4 in VA is:

$146 per month*