Used 2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Fun to drive, but not worth it in the long run.
By Brian Gardner

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought my A4 used at ~38k miles. Its a comfortable, fun car to drive. Great on gas, accelerates quite quickly, and with snow tires, it's a champ in the Michigan winters. However, its been a maintenance nightmare. Shortly after I bought it, the water pump started leaking. Thankfully, that was replaced under warranty. Next, the blower for the front defroster went out. Then it started burning oil badly. Turns out this is a common problem, and the fix was basically rebuilding the engine and replacing all of the pistons. Again, covered under warranty. But, while doing that work, they discovered that the timing chain was in need of replacing as well, which was not covered under warranty. And now, not more than 2 weeks after having that work done, the motor controlling the locks on the drivers door stopped working so I can't lock my car. This has been my first Audi, and it will also be my last.

Owned for less than 1000 miles
By hadalotofcars

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The CVT was not a responsive transmission like we thought it should be. The car was tastefully designed but the radio horrible to try to use. Loved the exterior design but way overpriced with a CVT

Loved the look - sport package, alloys, breathtaking

Buy a manual transmission or a quattro

Be careful with this one
By Kathryn

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I absolutely loved this car until there were oil problems at 2500 miles. At usage of 1500 miles (I bought it with 1000 on it), my car indicated low oil. As it had not been leaking, my car was burning it. Audi of America and the dealer said this was in spec, that turbo engines burned it. They offered to put a quart in every time. They could not answer to the long-term ramifications however and did not want to fix it. Had I known that my car required a quart of oil per 1500 miles I would not have purchased it because something seems wrong here. ONLY the 09-10 A4s do this. Turbo engines shouldn't burn that much. It affects my fuel efficiency and has taken away the joy of owning a new car.

Drives beautifully, love the hands free devices and steering tightness. Its a gorgeous car, inside and out.

Diagnose these issues and pay attention to your consumers or at least TELL us beforehand. Audi has zero literature on this problem, which it seems many owners have. This is an issue ONLY applies to the redesigned 2009-2010s.

Don't get the CVT
By columbiaguy

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was given this car as a loaner car while my 06 A4 was being repaired. Even though my older A4 was broken, I still prefer it ten times over this new model. The CVT hesitation is absolutely unbearable! Do not buy the front wheel drive car with the CVT because you will regret it. The new A4 redesign is nice, but I actually think that the old A4 was prettier, and more engaging. This new one just feels similar to a Lexus, with less reliability. You feel disconnected from the road, and in a German car, that is not a good thing since that is the whole reason you buy one.

MMI interface for IPOD, smooth cruising on the highway, effortless acceleration at highway speeds.

Discontinue the horrible CVT transmission, make LED/xenon headlamps standard, improve seat comfort. Reissue that wonderful Audi character. If I had wanted a Lexus I would have gone there.

Premium Plus w/MMI
By Tony K.

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased a 2010 A4, Premium Plus with FrontTrak after testing driving many cars including BMW 328i, Mercedes C300, Lexus I250, Infiniti G37 and Lincoln MKz. All cars I test drove were very good but the Audi A4 was the best in my opinion. Audi A4 was the perfect blend of a beautiful exterior, high quality sports sedan with peppy engine performance with exceptional handing and a large, well appointed interior cabin with leg room. The last part was very important to me. I am 62 tall so I did not want to feel cramped inside the car. The A4 has more room than a BMW 328/MB 300/Lexus I250. The A4 is also a very good looking car. I receive many complements on its exterior and interior looks.

Exterior design including the Xenon headlights and LED running lights are very striking. I am getting around 32 MPG yet the engine acceleration is very good. Multitronic transmission is smooth. The MMI is a easy interface to my I-POD. The interior with leather is beautiful. Leg room is very good.

I waited 8 months of driving before submitting this review. The only reason I gave a 9 on the interior design is that I wished Audi offered cooling seats. Outside of that I cannot offer an improvement to this great car.

• SUV