Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

2006 Acura TSX
By Jack Cockerham

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

95,000 miles and original brake pads still servicable, although rotors must be warped a little as the car has begun to shudder under braking from highway speeds. Car has recently developed a strange whine at times from the rear end(?) but only when backing up. These are the only issues this car has had in the 4 1/2 years we've owned it.

Love this car
By garyk

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched cars and found that by far this is one of the best buys out there. Honda quality and very fun to drive. My best friend liked it so much he also bought one.

Quality, good mileage and it has all the features my wife and I need. I also can not believe the power for a 4 cy.

Paint quality - easy to scratch. It would be nice if it did not burn premium.

Best car I've ever owned
By Mr Gone

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda (and Acura) vehicles have always felt like 'home' to me. I had been away for awhile but when I decided to get a new car last summer, I chose the TSX. I don't think you can buy a better looking, driving, or better equipped car for the money. The car has nearly everything I could want in features, the handling is very nimble, it is supremely comfortable on long or short trips, I really like the interior and exterior styling. The torque off the line is a little low but when you get the engine in 'the zone' it pulls hard. The navi system is great, the best part is that it's a Honda at heart and should run forever. My car as 53K miles on it and it still looks, feels, and even smells new.

nimble handling, navigation system, HID headlights, steering wheel controls, seats and seat heaters, exterior styling, comfort, bluetooth phone, reliability, solid build quality, low parts costs (for a luxury brand), gas mileage.

rain sensing wipers would be great. The interior noise seems a little high at times but that changes with road surface and tires also play into this as well. There's not a whole lot that I can think of.

Nice little car
By John

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a used 2006 TSX, trading in my 2005 Nissan Altima. My initial impressions are that the build quality is very good, I'm actually getting better gas mileage than the 4cyl Nissan engine, and the car is fun to drive. There are a few convenience features that the Altima had that the TSX strangely are lacking. Kinda weird you can't view total mileage and outside temp at the same time. Have to hit the unlock button to open drivers side door, and the sunroof controls are in a crazy place. I still find myself reaching up to open the sunroof only to realize the button is down on the bottom side of the dash. No auto headlights?

Interior build quality, mp3 player aux jack, bluetooth handsfree compatibility.

Auto headlights, better tires, move sunroof controls. be able to open driver door without having to hit unlock button 1st.

Nothing better for the money
By Dan

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When looking for a practical yet sport sedan for under $30k there is simply nothing better. You can't beat Acura reliability not to mention this car is a lot of fun on the highway. Couple this with the almost 30mpg I am averaging and this makes for the best car for under $30k. Also, I currently have 70k miles on this car and haven't spent a penny on it, aside from routine maintenance (oil changes, etc)

Reliability, handling, build quality, interior comfort, MPG.

Could use a little more pep off of the line, but that would come at the expense of a reduction in fuel efficiency - so I get it, you can't have it all. The new V6 TSX is looking pretty good...