2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Great deal for the Reliability & Luxury
By Kong Lee on 10/26/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car used for almost a year now and I must say the TSX has so much to offer. It came with VSA, ABS, a great engine that produces 205 hp, very low insurance rates, 3 garage door openers on the top of the car next to the lights (Don't know what feature it's called LOL), Leather seats, very great comfort. I averaged 25 - 27 miles per gallon for the first 3 months because I did not realize the TSX uses Premium unleaded (90) and I have been refueling with Regular Unleaded (87) fuel. It now averages well between 29 - 33 mpg 50/50 city/highway (Phew). I never had any problems with the TSX so far, only had to change oil once 7 months after I got the car. Have not drove in snow yet.

I love this car
By grandmageek on 08/12/09 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for 3.5 years. It is the best built car I have owned and is fun to drive. It has been trouble free, is very well equipped and gets excellent mileage. On a recent 375 mile highway trip I topped out gas mileage at 37.4. I average a 22.4 city driving. The reliability of bluetooth depends on the quality of your phone. I have had 3 phones since I purchased the car. The cheap free Verizon Samsung worked horribly. It works great with iPhone. The suspension is very stiff and gives a harsh ride on bumpy road, but handles amazingly well. Very relaxing to drive on long trips.

Best bang for your buck!
By KAM on 06/11/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car comes standard with many bells and whistles. Convenient seat memory buttons for two different settings. Bought car new in 2006 and paint seems to be cheap...deeply pitted on front bumper and hood, as well as chipped on back of car. Seems to get decent gas mileage and comfortable drive. Not great in the snow. Very poor voice recognition with the hands free. People I've tried to talk to using hands free say it sounds like someone's banging cans in the background. More aggravation than it's worth and may as well not even have the function.

Excellent car, excellent value
By Spencer on 04/28/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned 3 years now, so I feel like I can give an accurate review of the TSX. This car is very well designed, and is a great value. I don't think there are any cars that offer the same value at this price point. Sporty, upscale, and reliable, all in one. I love that all the features are standard. The design of the cabin is great, and the dash looks awesome. I have had 0 issues with my car. I get fabulous gas mileage. Was expecting to get 21/25. That is what I get if I drive the car hard. If I take it easy, I can get about 26/32. Recommend this car strongly.

Very satisfied
By rabbit on 03/30/09 21:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The mileage estimate I think is low - even in Seattle's stop and go traffic I range from 30mpg and upwards, at times 35! My fourth Acura and I remain committed to the brand. Great handling, smooth ride, comfortable.

Absolutely love this car
By Jerry on 01/16/09 23:22 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have never been happier with a vehicle, and will be keeping this vehicle long term. I get great mileage with the vehicle, ranging from 26 MPG city 30 Highway in the winter, and 29 city 33 Highway in the summer. The car has as much get up and go as I will ever need. The handling is simply outstanding. The only complaints I have with the vehicle is the console doesn't provide enough leg room for the right leg, and gets uncomfortable on long trips. It needs a visor extender on the driver side also.

I love my TSX
By SipsAcura on 09/08/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had no issue so far with my vehicle and I have had it over one year. Drives well great performance especially on the highway. I like the way it brakes down when you are slowing down. Great value for the money lots of amenities!

Excellent Car!
By Steve on 07/28/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great everything! Handles well, great MPG, no complaints whatsoever. Everything about the car is just what it needs to be right down from the great quality leather seats to the blue nighttime light that lights up the center console. Best thing about it is, everything you need comes standard.

What a mistake you shouldn't make
By Katie on 07/09/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car in 2006 and until now regret it every single day. This is the loudest car I have ever driven. The body was built very lousy that you can hear wind noise, road noise and just about everything else OUTSIDE of the car. When talking to the people in the back seat, I literally have to YELL every time. Windshield very thin, cracked and got replaced 2 times (with original Acura windshield). Watch out for the speaker, the first 2 months it sounded great but gone down so fast and I turned to hate listen to music while I'm driving. The worst part is about to come, if you purchase this car, be aware that you will lose about 12K once you want to trade it in.

Great car for the money
By Dave on 04/09/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in April 06, and really cannot complain about its performance and reliability. My previous car was a 2001 Volvo S40 with all the bells and whistles, however, it completely died at 18K miles. I have test driven many other vehicles in its class and the TSX is by far the best out there. It looks sharp with the ground effects kit which I have by the way and the car is loaded. When you add up these features with other cars, you are looking at at least $40K when all done and said (with BMW, MB, Lexus, etc). Maybe these other cars may have a more powerful engine, but I probably can smoke 'em on a long haul! The TSX also has a good resale value... no plans on selling or trading up!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.