Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Just like new
By RB & PB

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Approaching 100k.Recently had the brakes done and new tires (oem)put on the car,it feels as new as the day it rolled off the dealer's lot.The controls still feel like they were dipped in butter.The clean,classic lines and overall styling of this car remains relevant.The car suffers from a lack of low-end torque & poor acceleration from a dead stop. Acura missed a golden opportunity to remedy this by not offering a turbo I4 (like the RDX) and thus maintaining the "agile/light/tossable" personality of this car. Test drove the new TSX and did not like the numb steering & dull interior ,may consider other options like the IS 350 AWD (increase HP, AT dual shift capability,heated/cooled seats,etc.

Bluetooth, floor mounted gear shifter (Acura should put this back on their cars), nav system with voice recognition, smooth high rev/sweet sounding I4, seat warmers (my wife's favorite feature), dual zone climate control.

Seat cooling feature, more torque (esp low end) using turbo tech to maintain fuel efficiency & weight, rear view camera (may install one)yet, better engine mounts.

Great Car
By nb

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a really fun vehicle to drive. It is especially good in the turns and has good power.

it is a quality car, has good mileage with good power. I was looking for a car that has power with gas mileage and found it in this car.

Paint is average to below average. The radio is weak but I understand it has been upgraded in the newer models.

2006 Acura TSX
By Jack Cockerham

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

95,000 miles and original brake pads still servicable, although rotors must be warped a little as the car has begun to shudder under braking from highway speeds. Car has recently developed a strange whine at times from the rear end(?) but only when backing up. These are the only issues this car has had in the 4 1/2 years we've owned it.

Love this car
By garyk

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched cars and found that by far this is one of the best buys out there. Honda quality and very fun to drive. My best friend liked it so much he also bought one.

Quality, good mileage and it has all the features my wife and I need. I also can not believe the power for a 4 cy.

Paint quality - easy to scratch. It would be nice if it did not burn premium.

Best car I've ever owned
By Mr Gone

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda (and Acura) vehicles have always felt like 'home' to me. I had been away for awhile but when I decided to get a new car last summer, I chose the TSX. I don't think you can buy a better looking, driving, or better equipped car for the money. The car has nearly everything I could want in features, the handling is very nimble, it is supremely comfortable on long or short trips, I really like the interior and exterior styling. The torque off the line is a little low but when you get the engine in 'the zone' it pulls hard. The navi system is great, the best part is that it's a Honda at heart and should run forever. My car as 53K miles on it and it still looks, feels, and even smells new.

nimble handling, navigation system, HID headlights, steering wheel controls, seats and seat heaters, exterior styling, comfort, bluetooth phone, reliability, solid build quality, low parts costs (for a luxury brand), gas mileage.

rain sensing wipers would be great. The interior noise seems a little high at times but that changes with road surface and tires also play into this as well. There's not a whole lot that I can think of.

• SUV