Used 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Tiguan for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

New to VW - pleasantly surprised

scope2, 06/02/2014

Our family of 3 needed to get out of our Saab for mileage and reliability reasons, so we leased a Tiguan as VW has some really good lease deals and I wasn't ready to be married to a VW. We've been pleasantly surprised at how much we really like the car, even though it barely meets what we said we wanted - a SUV that gets at least 20 mpg in the city. It has much smaller cargo capacity than the others we looked at, but feels much larger in the rest of the car, especially in the back seat when extra cargo room isn't needed (most of the time) and the seats can go all the way back. Its got a nice, compliant ride and feels nimble. Has a much more premium feel than anything else in its range.

Expensive but worth it

emotionalrat15, 11/21/2013

Bought our 2014 Tiguan R-Line and love it! The rear cargo room is a bit small and I was super nervous about rear leg room if the trunk was that small but it was more roomy than a 2014 Escape! I was amazed! Leather seats are comfy and the memory seats are great too! Off the line, there is about a full second of turbo lag but after that, it's gone. Engine sounds throaty and has a great exhaust note. We got 19mpg on mainly hwy driving which was disappointing but it's -10 where I live and I do accelerate hard on occasion, it also doesnt help that its not broken in! Paying 40 grand is a lot especially when it doesnt have a backup camera or sat/nav(extra options) but still a fantastic CUV

Nice except for annoying engine vibration

albedo, 10/04/2014

I've had my Tiguan for just over a year. It's a nice car in many respects, and is more stylish and peppy than its competitors. The main problem is that, at certain speeds, the engine vibrates and causes an irritating, moaning noise. VW told me there is no solution because they program the automatic transmission to run at low RPMs as a way to improve fuel mileage. It's annoying enough that I really don't enjoy driving the car and will probably trade it in for something else.

Irritating Vibration

albedo, 09/30/2014
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Tiguan a nice car in many respects, but the automatic transmission shifting is awful. It frequently shifts into too high a gear causing the engine to lug and vibrate. Then it shifts back down, only to try shifting back up again later. It was benign enough during the test drive, but the vibration noise and constant shifting becomes really annoying over time. This problem persists in newer models because it's VW's way of reporting better fuel mileage than the car actually gets under real world conditions.

1st VW and very Pleased

tommyg1814, 04/26/2015
SE 4dr SUV w/Appearance (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this vehicle all around its true Volkswagen thinks of everything. I don't feel or hear this engine vibration so not concerned at all. Ride and build quality is superior to anything else we have owned. will it hold up to the test of time? we will see so far 16.000 miles and like new Very happy. UPDATE,,,,we traded this vehicle some time ago but it was a excellent SUV while we had it.