Used 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

2015 Jetta 2.0S
By Daniel Miller

2015 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 30,000 miles on it and in less then a year I have put a very much appreciated 42,000 miles on it. It's sporty and fun to drive. It handles well in turns at speeds up to 70 and brakes really good. I get 27-30 miles to the gallon on gas with a speedometer of 160 and I have gotten it up to 120, although it gets a little light on the handling at that speed, it will do it. It's great for quick handling in traffic and easy to park, but has a few blind spots making it hard to see when backing out of a car spot or changing lanes, namely, the head rest. It does have quit a bit of road noise but over all, it's a great commuter vehicle. This is my first sports car, I've always been a truck guy but I really like this Jetta. Good investment I think.

More than basic transportation
By Warren

2015 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We needed a low cost vehicle to replace my used 2007 Toyota Camry that had been totaled in an accident. I had established a budget of $16,000. I bought the Volkswagen based on its established reliability, and it has not disappointed me. I opted for the 5 speed manual to keep within budget. I received a small solid, reliable vehicle, that's actually classy looking. My only option on the base model were the 16 inch alloy wheels. The vehicle has been absolutely trouble free and cost effective.

Best value car
By libin81@gmail.com

2015 Volkswagen Jetta GLI SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

best value

MPG Star
By scott

2015 Volkswagen Jetta TDI SE w/Connectivity 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I use the diesel for work commute, mixed highway. 2 hours each way, 8 times a month. I average over 50 MPG on the 115 mile trip with cruise control at 70mph. That's over 800 miles per tank. My previous diesel, the 2013 averaged just under 50 on the same route, with about 700 miles per tank. There's another trip I do consistently, of 47 backroad miles, and with light traffic I average 60 mpg! I consider the interior of solid quality, the steering is firm, it likes highway cruising, and plenty of trunk space. I have a class 2 hitch for towing up to 600lb and the torque is more than adequate. The DSG shifts really well. I tried it manual, but I don't do as well as the computer. The DSG is smoother from a stop than the 2013, which seemed to lurch forward when you take foot off the brake. This one smooths forward from a stop. What makes me a little sad is that it no longer sounds and vibrates like a diesel, the turbo sound is non-existent, and engine has new anti vibration technology. They've added huge particulate filters and DPF, and 3 water cooling circuits, and that's taken away the diesel sound. The turbo and intake manifold should last much longer because they're filtering the exhaust prior to the turbo and the EGR gas is filtered too, so you're not putting dirty exhaust back into the manifold.

Poor A/C System
By Champagne

2015 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2015 Jetta SE, new, in October of 2015. As soon as the weather was warm enough for me to need my A/C, I noticed that every time I would travel long distance on the interstate, my A/C would stop blowing cold air. At one point, I pulled over and had someone look under the hood only to see the A/C components were frozen. Once I would let them thaw out, it would blow cold again for a few minutes, until it would freeze up again. I brought it in to the Lafayette LA dealership three times for the same issue only for them to tell me that they....CHECKED AND FOUND COMPRESSOR PRESSURE
FLUCTUATING ON LOW SIDE AND COMPRESSOR PUMPED DOWN TO 20 LOW SIDE COMPRESSOR IS ACTUALLY COOLING TO WELL CAUSING FREEZE UP . REPLACED THE AC COMPRESSOR AFTER CONSULTING TECH 20. RECHARGED AND RECHECKED ALL IS OK NOW. It still continues to do the same thing, and now they are telling me that I am not running my A/C correctly and that it "states in the manual" how to properly use the A/C. I can also feel air coming out of the area where my radio and temperature controls are located. I've never needed a manual to know how to use my A/C, Ive always just used it and I have never had this problem in any other vehicle that I have owned. I also have had to add anti freeze to my car twice since I have purchased my Jetta, a year and a half ago. I was told that they checked it and there was no leak, but that it was normal for that to happen sometimes.....!!! Now I am having issues with my seat belt alert going off while I am wearing my seat belt, and since my last scheduled maintenance, my car sometimes acts like it doesn't want to start, and my sunroof doesn't always close the first time that I try to close it. VW has yet to find anything wrong with any issues that I have had with my car, and their service manager was not at all pleasant to deal with.