Used 2011 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

great lights good value
By lm7212@att.com

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great lights for driving in country or city. Toyota reliability. Coming from driving a Vibe for years, you cannot drive this like a "normal" 4 cyl. Stomping on the gas from a full stop gets you a buzzy hollow metallic result from the exhaust. Not built for off the line flat out acceleration. You quickly learn to ease off the line until transmission catches second gear, car shows you what the oversize motorcycle engine wants. Ice cold air, good for these large windows, as the car heats up in the parking lot. Good value for the money, easy to park and great visibility out of the vehicle. Not much body roll leaning into tight high speed corners either. Just remember you are buying an economy car and not a performance vehicle and you will be happy to have this small versatile Toyota.

Toyota Yaris 2011 hatchback 2dr manual
By Alberto Espinoza

2011 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so pretty and small and fun to drive that I love it. I drive it to school (almost 60miles) daily and it gives me not problems, I put 2k miles to my car every month and it doesn’t give me problems. I love almost everything about this car, I bought it used with 119k miles on it and it is still driving as new. My two sisters also own the 2007 sedan version of it and they haven’t had problems with their cars neither. Without a doubt this car will make your life easier giving you not problems. This was my second car, I owned a 2009 corolla, but that one needed some work on the suspension so I sold it and get this car and it was a great desicion. I think the only cons of this car is that the sound from outside is not well islolated, if you drive it fast it gets really noisy inside the cabin but still a great car. This was the car I had in mind to buy as my first car except that it was the 2007 model which is basically the same, but I’m glad I finally got this car bc it’s an awesome car. By the way another con is the bad radio reception and that the 2007-2011 model look exactly... so even though you own a 2011 car ppl might think it’s an older car (2007) model

my little car
By Katie Burt

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

pros:
·this car gets amazingly great gas mileage.
·I've had it for over two years, bought it at 40,000 miles, put another 100,000 miles on it and still drives like new.
·it is easy to clean. I found the right weather tech floor mats for the front and back seat floors to help keep it cleaner
·she spins on a dime
·drives well at high speeds, rain and snow. Took her over the mountains. had to drive in 16 inches of snow only driven through by one other car. she made it. drove uphill 1/4 mile in slightly used severe snow road. 2-5 miles an hr with chains. made it all the way without stopping.
·has a timing chain so I'll never need to replace it

cons:
·most of the car dash and accessories are hard plastic and it's been scratched everywhere due to kids and two dogs. ·cup holders springs didn't last long. ·one compartment storage never stays in place and always falls out.
·fabric seats have holes. very cheap materials. gonna sew them and get either new seats all together or seat covers
·defect in my evac gas. when putting in gas it senses the tank is full just a little too late always and I need to be careful to not over fill her or else she'll spill out.
VERY small.

Lovely Car
By Mackenzie

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I only had this car for two months due to someone wrecking my car head on but it did its job! I loved it. It seems small but very roomie inside. I had minor injuries but the car was totaled. It wasn't the fastest at accelerating. But it had great gas mileage and got 370miles on a road trip on one tank of gas.

weird smell
By giulia2

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Interior smell is awful! People say that it is mold issue but it is not! It seems that dashboard, rubbers,
etc. made of crappy materials and driver undergoes chemicals exposure.

We bought this car in Toyota Ancaster Canada dealership and paid all together CA 22K . We hoped that that smell will be gone in awhile but it is not! When it's hot outside the cabin smells like hell.
Another issue is the radio. The audio system is just horrible! Never buy this car , folks, even it's a fuel efficient car. In a long term you may get
seriously sick.
Update :We sold Yaris after 1.5 year and bought Hyundai Elantra. Still smelling on teh summer time but not as much as Yaris.