Used 2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Yaris-great acceleration response and economical
By Jene Garner

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We had our 2009 Yaris for 7 years and it was fun to drive, great on gas mileage and required no major maintenance.

paint is real failure
By John Winnes

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you are concerned about how the body of the car looks, this car is not a good bet. Paint began deteriorating at 6 years and has grown steadily worse.

Love my YARIS 2009, great gas saver for the city
By Carlo

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used Yaris 2009 from car dealership. I found great price with low miles 44,000. Great condition like brand new. The original owner did not drive this much and took good care of this. I was impressed.......

I fell in love with Yaris just because it's a great gas saver for the driving city. And easy to park on street.

Cute inside/outside and a little bit roomy. Great cup holder for the drink, I like that idea. No big deal for the back seats because almost no one ride in my Yaris LOL yeah only if someone ask me for a ride or give them a ride.

Not a good idea for taller person over 6'0". It's for short people under 5'9" like me perfect fit in my Yaris......

Yaris is fun to drive and cute hatchback like eggs.......

Great Litte Car But.....
By chris logan

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 3 door hatch with Automatic Transmission. Bought new and have put 117,000 miles on it as I commute 30 miles each way to work, mostly freeway. MPG is pretty darn good at about 33 in winter and 36 summer.
I change the oil regularly and the only thing I had to replace other than tires and wipers was the battery. The problems are that Toyota messed up with the instrument panel. The horrible Amber color is hard to see at times and dims when you put the headlights on. At night its not an issue, but daytime it can be.
I live 6 miles off the highway on a very curvy and hilly road. It's great around corners, but the long steep grade isn't so good. If there is Snow, forget it.. I've nearly not made it home, due to the hills. If it was flat, it'd probably be okay if you drove sanely. But all in all it is a good car. I just wish it had 4 wheel drive.

NADIR
By Nadir

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best for Buck, I never expand single $ except windshield wipers after 3 years, windshield fluid every six months, Oil change every month, battery after 4 years, staring fluid after 3 years, breaks each year and tires after every 2 years. timing belt after 6 years. This car starts every day and runs smoothly since April 2009. I recommend this car for a college student or recent pass out and daily commuters. It is good at wet and snow too just use good brand tires like Bridgestone, Firestone or BFGoodrich.