Used 2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

The little engine that could
By Wayne

2014 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I had a very bad experience with Karl Malone Toyota when buying this vehicle. My strongest suggestion whenever you buy a car is to PERSONALLY write down the VIN# of the vehicle you are buying and check it against the one they put on your contract!! DO NOT trust the sales staff!! While they were shoving paperwork at me and the car had been taken to the prep area, they switched cars on me. The vehicle I drove off in looked identical to the one I thought I had purchased but it did not seem to have the same power. Since I was the last one out the door that Friday night and lived 300 miles away, I chose to return the next week upon my return to the area. That's when I discovered they had put the VIN# of the four-cylinder vehicle on my contract, which was what I drove home, instead of the six-cylinder one I thought I had purchased. All that aside, for an underpowered vehicle she has done extremely well traveling upwards of 1500 miles a week on the I-15 corridor in Utah between St. George and Salt Lake City through the mountains and valleys, and changing the weather in between. The AWD has been most useful. When I first purchased the car she only got 12-15 mpg, while rated at 27mpg - SHOCKING! Through careful and proper maintenance I eventually raised it to 21mpg. Then I added a Hydrogen Assist Fuel Cell [HAFC] to the engine and that boosted me to 24-25. My only complaint is that the pedals are touchy. It's difficult to get smooth starts and stops. At 200,000+ miles she still runs like new!

Great Car So Toyota Discontinued It
By Vic

2014 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buy a Toyota. Like it. They'll discontinue it. This occurred with a 2002 Highlander, a 2008 RAV4 V6, and a 2014 Venza. Except for being a few, 2 or 3, inches too wide, the 2014 Venza V6 is excellent. The extra width, on the other hand, may give it the very good stability on turns that it has.

Meat wagon
By edeanwhitaker58@gmail.com

2014 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Overall good grandparent station wagon. 2.7 engine is not as bad as some reviews say. Drivers leg/ foot room is not great. The emergency brake is engaged by foot pedal and takes up room from what is already a tight space. Averaging 22 mpg mixed driving. Entune for internet apps is a pain to navigate.

2014 xle V6
By Terri

2014 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was a VW driver for 25 years. It was very difficult for my husband to get me out of the german car I was in. We had been looking for over a year for a new(er) vehicle to move me in to, with the VW having 212,000 miles. He offered me many different options. I did not want another 4 door sedan, but I didn't like any of the SUVs or crossovers we were looking at...they were either too small (which made me feel unsafe) or too large. My coworker purchased a Toyota Highlander, which steered us to look more into the Toyota line. We had already looked at & test drove the Avalon, though I still wasn't sold on the 4-door sedan. But looking into that Highlander directed our attention to the Venza. We spent a few months researching the Venza, reading about it, going through the personal reviews all around online, Edmunds, and many other websites, learning that they ended the line & contacting Toyota to inquire about that as well. We finally decided to find one locally and take a test drive. Husband and I were both very happy with it, made the purchase and have had it since February. I still look at my husband and cannot believe this vehicle never hit our radar sooner. It is the perfect size for me. It did take me a few months to get comfortable driving it, but I really do love it. Its bigger, higher, a heavy vehicle, has nice interior space (leg room, etc) for driver and passengers in both front & back, and I love the trunk space. I am a commuter and drive 80-90 miles a day and am getting a bit better gas mileage that my previous car (a VW Passat).

Perfect Car
By Denise H

2014 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Toyota Venza XLE is the ideal car for a wide range of consumers. It's comfortable, spacious, and sporty all in one package! The 3.5 V6 is quick on it's wheels and lacking no power. The interior shouts out Quality in all aspects with the Comfort that has all consumers enjoying short and long trips alike. Like I said, the Toyota Venza is The Perfect Car.