Used 1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

1995 Toyota Tacoma: It Will Survive Nuclear War !
By Ye Olde Missouri Gearhead

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my little "Old Gold" Tacoma when it was 4 years old in 1999. Had 21,000 miles then -- now 151,000. Extended cab LX trim with air conditioning. 2.4L 4-cyl and 5-speed manual transmission. Great knockaround utility vehicle. Perfect for my suburban homeowner needs. It is the most reliable, most bulletproof vehicle I've ever owned. When we humans all die off, the aliens from the Planet Ralphamador will land on Earth, and the Tacoma will still be sitting here. They'll be curious what the "key" does, turn it and it will start right up, and they'll say, "These Earthlings were a primitive society, but this transportation module isn't bad." (BTW, this quote works best if you do your best Robin Williams "Mork from Ork" impersonation). My wife complains that it doesn't have power side mirrors, and that she has to reach all the way over to re-adjust them for her. She keeps harping for me to get rid of it. However, she drives it maybe once or twice per year, so when she yammers about getting rid of the truck, I just hear "wah, wah, wah" like the old Charlie Brown Peanuts TV shows. Then I tell her that she's driving a $50K SUV (an expensive maintenance pain in the ass), so while I love you, just zip yer' lip. My smartass adult son claims the truck sitting in the driveway is depressing property values in the neighborhood. But then when he want to haul his or his friends crap, guess what he always borrows? Besides, it's a great teaching example to millennials on how we geezers from the Last Century had to crank the windows up and down, use road maps, and use a third pedal on the floor to make the vehicle go. Now GET OFF MY LAWN, you Edmunds whippersnappers! :-)

Tacoma rules
By RG

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

After 13yrs on the road my toy still have the same mileage of 350 +/- on the road in city about 300. keep adding fuel cleaners 3 times a yr from stp, to more expense fuel cleaners at lease ones a yr, change oil every 3-4 mths. No Major problems. Once a yr a false reading of valve stuck comes on ( just reset battery ) warm the car before you drive, and no shifting errors by the driver that will trigger computer errors.

The level of noise inside is very low.

Need more fancy, electronics, remove the old knobs, they are old, classic. Don't like too much classic.

1995 Tacoma 4WD Xtra Cab V6
By Bobs95

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 135K on this truck and its still going very strong. I have cheated - I have always used Amsoil pure synthetic lubes, oil and air filters, so low wear is to be expected. But the fact that I've had very few other components fail is testimony to a quality design and the famous Toyota reliability. I've been 4-wheeling and camping and it goes everywhere I need it to. Recently I bought a 4000 pound travel trailer and will likely step up to the V8 Tundra since this trailer is close to the limit of this Tacoma's towing capacity (5000 lbs). But it does tow economically - we just got back from a camping trip up into the high Sierras (6500 feet) and got 15 MPG on the trip towing the trailer.

Very reliable - I HATE poorly designed vehicles that always have to be babied! This one always runs, always gets you home. Even if you never go 4-wheeling, that's a great feature.

The cup holder is too high and spills drinks on the dash when traversing rough country or roads.

Family Heirloom
By Bobby Joe

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my truck! I bought it new when my son was 3 years old, he will get his drivers license in 2 months and will become the new proud owner. Everything is still in good condition with this truck, it's a little scratched but no engine work whatsoever. I had some brake problems years ago, that is the extent of it's repair history. Very reliable, highly recommended.

Comfortable bucket seats in front, good acceleration, decent gas mileage

Great truck
By reliable

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck has been so great for me. I have however replaced quite a bit of stuff. The common 95 Tacoma leaf springs needed to be replaced. Also replaced 3 batteries, starter, altenator, and both rear shocks. Still has original clutch and transmission (thankfully). Adequate gas mileage about 18 per gal. Overall, this truck has been great.

Ease of 4wd, and power.

suspension has been improved since then, Toyota went to 4 and 5 leaf springs and got away from the 3 leaf, which notoriously breaks. Bucket seats would be nice.