Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 239 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Clunking
By Beth

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Off the lot, the rear AC did not work. Then the driver door was replaced as part of the recall (note that we had had problems with the door, but were told repeatedly that nothing was wrong). At 2 years with the Sienna, noted a clunking sound when turning. Toyota service department found no problem. Clunking persisted for the next 2 years. Now, have had to replace the rack ($1200). No more clunking, although service department states that the two were not related.

Sienna XLE 1995 Experience
By David A Willis

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best car we've ever owned (I bought my first car in 1956). It has been extremely reliable. My only expenses have been for new tires and a new battery. I do nearly all my own maintenance. I follow all recommended maintenance recommended in the car's manual.

Comfort, flexibility, reliability, looks.

None. The best car we've ever owned!

Careful of Sliding door and run flat tir
By Darlene

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been ok with my mini van, but I would NOT recommend this van to a friend. First I had huge problems with the Run Flat tires- that Toyota eventually agreed to replace one set- after I had already paid for a set- then of course those wore out fast too- Now I'm stuck- even though I put on regular tires- I can't get a spare for less than $700!! Brakes also wear fast on AWD, very fast! Next HUGE problem both of my sliding back doors started sticking and giving me problems just two years after I bought it- Now neither will open and I'm being told it will cost 3,600 to fix- the car isn't even 5 years old yet AND one of the parts was just replaced 14 months ago, will it just break again?! Owned a Toyota tercel before for 5 years with NO problems & husband owned a Camry with no problems. Too bad I can't say the same for the Sienna.

space, all wheel drive

Sliding doors- my weather stripping fell down too! Least of my worries with this vehicle. Tires. Breaks, Attitude at dealership that it's not their problem.

It looks nice, but has been a nightmare
By Timothy

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing our XLE Limited we had rented an LE for a 3 week road trip....that sold us...into a nightmare. Bought it for almost 40k, fully loaded. All of the features are nice however at 60K miles we are on our 4th AC system rebuild, 2nd center differential (first one locked up at 70mph on the freeway), 2nd drivers door (check strap broke, punch through the outer skin). In short we have had it for 4 years, and spent almost $7000 in REPAIRS (not maintenance like oil changes, tires, brakes, etc). Our case has been review by Toyota several times, and we have been told the situation is normal...both my other cars (Cadillacs) have 170k+, and have cost a lot less then this to keep running.

Laser Cruise, Nav, power rear doors & tailgate.

Make it reliable...after the center diff locked up and sent it skidding to a stop on the freeway, wife won't drive it.

Best Van Yet
By Donal Kaehler

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned a Toyota van which we traded for a used Previa at 210,000 miles (my son still drives it) and finally this Sienna. This is our favorite van and we have taken several cross country trips as well as winters in Wisconsin. I have never felt safer in any car I've owned. We have not had any mechanical failures and enjoy great service support staff. This is our 8th Toyota vehicle and I can't see us buying any other make (except my Porsche of course).

100 volt outlets, cruise control, storage space, acceleration and handling

We have run flat tires... our 3rd set.