Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Nice Truck - Frame Recall
By SJ Morgan

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We had to take our Sequoia in to get the entire frame replaced due to a recall. They kept the truck for four months to get the frame done. Once we got the truck back, it has never driven the same. If you have to get your frame replaced, don't, have Toyota buy the truck from you - it will save you a ton of headaches in the long run. Although it is a 2005, the Navigation no longer works, the DVD no longer works and the clock no longer works.

Like Riding a Lexus
By Geeeyejo

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2005 Limited 4x4 with 135k for $6800. Immediately had timing belt, water pump, radiator hoses and serpentine belt changed. Then put all new Denso coils and plugs, air filter, oil change. Have had several issues with a transmission sensor needing replacement, gas cap throwing codes - both easy and inexpensive fixes. Be aware almost all of these trucks will eventually have issues with the SAIS pollution pump system - throwing CEL light and sometimes limp mode. Previous owner had the bypass system installed - I had to add a pressure sensor kit wired to the ECM harness to finally address the issues. Thankfully I was able to do much of this work myself that would have been a fortune in the repair shop. Hence only 4 stars. All great now and should run for another 200k miles. I concur with others that the big tree drives like a large luxury car, has great fit and finish. I invested in an Android head unit to bring the tech to the 21st century. I can ask Siri to play anything on my IPhone through the head unit and make calls, etc. Interior space is huge for this class - all three rows comfortable. Sunroof a plus too. Last truck was a V10 Ford Excursion so about 15 mpg average and up to 18+ highway is not bad at all . Mine is black with grey leather interior and looks like a big vintage Land Cruiser. Also Toyota had a recall on the frames for rusting- had mine inspected - all is fine and getting a free anti- corrosion treatment to the frame - pretty cool. Love this truck!

Love this SUV!
By Jill

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Make sure the recalls have been fixed.

Excellent Ride, Disappointing Reliability
By Mark

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased new. It has a comfortable interior and smooth, quiet ride-especially given its size. I have had several expensive (several hundred dollar each) repairs including: replace door actuator (automatic lock failure), replace passenger side mirror (motor failure), disable driver side mirror retractor motor (stuck), replace overhead electric console (temp/fuel mpg/DTE indicator - broken button), replace back hatch latch (broken). Am aware of others with other Toyota vehicles with some of the same problems. These repairs have soured me on Toyota reliability but I have kept it so far because it is a comfortable ride.

Don't leave home without it
By papote1111

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have now owned my truck for the past 8 years. It feels like new except for the new tires I purchased
they are meant for off road instead of highway other, than my truck is solid, looks good and feels great. I highly recommend Toyota trucks they are piece of mine worriers free and tremendous reliability.I have since upgraded to a GX460 2013 as mentioned before its Toyota driven and have no complaints.