2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 Hybrid model:

Powerful little hybrid
By Michael Kitei

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Surprisingly quick - great milage - fun to drive. Think twice if your over 6' tall.

My Rav4 AWD Limited Hybrid SUV
By Raina

I love Toyoya, my first vehicle in 1988 was a Toyota which is why I stayed loyal to Toyota all these years. They have been very comfortable and reliable vehicles. As much as I love the looks and features of the 2017 Rav4 Hybrid Limited I am very diappointed with the look of the Soft Tex fabric which looks cheap. In addition, the passenger seat is extrememly uncomfortable. I have owned numerous Toyotas over the years and this is the first Toyota with an uncomfortable passenger's seat. I would advise anyone planning to get a Rav4 Hybrid Limited to test ride the vehicle as a passenger if they intend to spend time being a passenger. It does get the stated 34 mpg and I love all the safety features.

The first 2017 RAV4 hybrid purchased in the state
By Mack Harris

This is my first Toyota and I LOVE it! It's also my first hybrid and first SUV. I retired in December 2015 and spent months looking for the vehicle to carry me into my retirement years. I own a 2004 Chevy Silverado, that's still going strong and is in very good shape, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth as far as using it for taking long road trips. I plan to travel taking road trips to places I didn't have time to see and enjoy while I was still working. I am 6'5" tall so that ruled out a lot of vehicles because they just didn't have the leg room I must have in order to drive. I had pretty well narrowed down my choices to a few other vehicles when I by chance ran across the RAV4 hybrid. I know Toyota has outstanding quality since my mother has a 17-year-old Highlander that's still running like a champ and looks great, plus I have a number of friends driving Toyotas with well over 200,000 miles on them and they're going strong. I was using TrueCar through AAA for research when it sent me to Gray-Daniels Toyota in Brandon, MS. I was a bit put off at first since that dealership is 55 miles from my home, but I was contacted by a fantastic salesman: Tony Hughes. Tony let me know up front that they wanted my business and would do what it took to see me satisfied with a sale and he did just that. I drove over to visit the dealership. I told them what I wanted, but they didn't have it in stock. They were able to locate it in Texas and bring it in and one week later I was back at the dealership to pick up my new vehicle. I VERY HIGHLY recommend Gray-Daniels Toyota and Tony Hughes for all of your new vehicle needs if you're in the area (they've even made out of state sales as far away as Louisiana). I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that the RAV4 hybrid has the exact same drive-train as the Lexus NT 300h. The Limited trim level of the RAV4 has many of the same apointments, so you're essentially driving the Lexus with a Toyota badge. I was further very pleasantly surprised to feel how silky smooth the ride it provides and the accelearation is quite good for my driving habits. I have to add that the pictures I studied online don't do the RAV4 justice, this vehicle is beautiful! I am a very happy owner and plan to keep this SUV for as long as possible and can easily see why Toyota owners remain brand loyal, it's just that good!

Practically runs on air!
By Jennifer M

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are really pleased with our new 2017 Rav4 hybrid. It looks beautiful and we find it very roomy and comfortable. I love the moon roof and the push button power on switch. This is our second Rav4. I cant believe how many miles it can go before you have to refill it. The cargo space in the rear is very big and it also can be covered with a pull over blind to hide your possessions. The motor is very zippy when in sport mode and I find with in town driving I save so much gas due to the electric side of it and when it switches back and forth between the two you cant even notice. There is plenty of power when driving on the highway and really kicks in for passing. I was sold on it as soon as we were done test driving it, we stopped shopping right then.