Used 1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Consumer Reviews

$763 - $1,864

Used Camry for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Unbelievable quality!

reviewer, 03/11/2010

OK: 440,000 Miles. Not one break down. Never stuck anywhere. Under $100 in repairs since day 1(repairs, not including maintenance of course). Yes, I do or have done all the maintenance on it. Which isn't too bad since it's a Toyota not a Cadillac. Gets 30 MPG at 85 MPH. Costs $400/year to insure (liability only of course)

keeps on keeping on

roseygal, 04/13/2012

I'm at the point where I have to decide if it's time to let go and the truth is I just don't want to! I can't even find a kbb value for a 1990, but mine still looks pretty good and only has 140,000. miles. It needs a little work now, but for 6 years I didn't put a drop of money into her, except oil changes. I was the second owner.

the man

segelstrom101, 05/31/2011

hello i picked up my 1990 toyota camry dx in november with 131,256 miles and boy am i impressed. lots of power good mpg and really comfortable. the heat blows like you couldn't believe and the ac is amazing. it definitely is what gave toyota the name it holds today. the only thing i have had to do in repairs besides the rust fixing is a gas line and a radiator but my yota is the man. i will be the last owner of this car i could never sell it. if you can find one i highly recommend you get it. thanx for reading.

Solid, Reliable, Value.

Anthony, 09/01/2010

I can't be more impressed with this little wagon, with over 200,000 miles, it feels like new. Interior is remarkably solid & high in quality. Modern cars have better styling but can't say better build and materials. Engine is still peppy. Give any car regular oil changed and it will go over 150,000, but this car I'm sure would go over 400,000. It feels that good, with very little repairs if any. I put on 15,000 miles and saw the odometer flip 200,000 miles and not one repair since owning it. Its a 1990 so its not going to have all the bells & whistles like today's cars but it gets the job done competently. I wasn't thrilled when I purchased it cause its old & quirky looking, now I love it.

Only car I ever want

dave9090, 05/30/2014

I am the second owner. Currently has 202,000 miles, bought it at 170,000. Best car I have ever owned. Cruises on the highway, solid build, supremely reliable. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to drive this car across the country, even with 200k on it. Even though it's an Arizona car and has been meticulously maintained by myself and the original owner, its condition is a testament to Toyota quality. Both interior and exterior literally look brand new, save for some slight paint fading from the strong sun here. All the power features still work flawlessly. Easy and inexpensive to work on. Nothing fancy, but I don't want to drive anything else.

Bulletproof

Kwak, 08/26/2010

Looking to buy a reliable car? This car must be on your list. Find a decent one and buy it. My 20 yr old Camry will shame most cars half its age. They just don't make them like this anymore. Even newer Toyotas can't match the 2nd Gen's. reliability. But if you want "Lust, Passion, Soul" ..go else where, and bring your wallet. Proof that you can fall in love with a "boring" car. I would buy another one in a heart beat. My car is at 200,000 and betting it will go 10 more years and rack up over 300,000 miles easy. I just hope they'll still make parts when I do get to that milestone. A perfect car for low budget, student, first car, commuter. Excellent Value.

Long Lasting Toyota

Nenron Giggleson, 02/16/2003

I purchased a 1990 Toyota Camry LE Wagon in 1990. I just sold it and it was the best car I ever had. No trouble no crashes nothing. I drive to New York and back everyday and it never gave up on me. When I finally sold it, it had 240,000 miles on it. It was sad to let it go but I bought a new car.

Fabulous Reliability

Richard8655, 12/25/2009

Bought my 1990 Camry DX station Wagon brand new in 1990. Here it is now just starting 2010, and the Camry is going stronger than ever. A couple gripes. Rust around the wheel wells. Also rust-through at the lower front panels just before the front doors due to wet leaves getting in there, which over the years I never noticed until too late. In addition, there's some bluish smoke from the exhaust when starting up in the morning. I'm told this is because the engine seals dry up over time and oil leaks slightly into the cylinders. But absolutely no loss of oil and never have to top up, so not a big deal.

Camry Wagon review

Margaret Boyarizo, 07/06/2002

I've been mostly pleased with the Camry wagon. I'm only selling it because I need a bigger car. I have had to replace a few parts and because it's a Toyota, it's been expensive.

Best Car

Clarence, 07/31/2002

I've enjoyed this car better than any I've ever owned. Besides maintenance the only expense has been front brake rotors.

51050