Used 1990 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

400,000
By Three Fingers

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

Expect @ least that many miles with regular maintenance and a rebuild around 200k!

Best toyota evert made!
By Jose

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I love this car. Easy to work on, if needed. Oil change kind of are a pain if you have big hands and arms. If pays beall you can swap the Lexus es250 of the same year.

Only car I ever want
By dave9090

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I am the second owner. Currently has 202,000 miles, bought it at 170,000. Best car I have ever owned. Cruises on the highway, solid build, supremely reliable. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to drive this car across the country, even with 200k on it. Even though it's an Arizona car and has been meticulously maintained by myself and the original owner, its condition is a testament to Toyota quality. Both interior and exterior literally look brand new, save for some slight paint fading from the strong sun here. All the power features still work flawlessly. Easy and inexpensive to work on. Nothing fancy, but I don't want to drive anything else.

Easy to work on. Everything I've ever had to do has been easy to access, parts are available and inexpensive. Better side and rear visibility than any other car I've driven. Incredibly solid, well-built car. I take good care of it, but I have also used and abused this car way beyond what should be expected of it and it's solid as a rock. Still gets 30 mpg at 75 on the highway.

Cup holder gets in the way of the radio. That's all I got. This car is 99.9% perfect.

They don't build them like this anymore
By cjleary83

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

For what it is, my 1990 Camry is by far the best car I've owned.
It's built to get you from point A to point B comfortably and reliably, and that's exactly what it does.
I've owned it since 2001 (second owner) and other than oil changes, batteries, and headlights, I've never had to have any work done on it.
May have recharged the ac once.
I also own an 07 Subaru legacy, and I actually keep it in the garage most of the time, because there's no point putting miles on it while the Camry still runs perfectly.
Sure, it's not the prettiest car and it's not going to win any races, but for a daily driver, this is an ideal machine.
Gas mileage is decent and it's dirt cheap to insure.

Reliability. Period. This car is more dependable than Abe Lincoln. It's 24 years old, all original engine parts, and it runs like I just drove it off the lot. Granted, it's low mileage, less than 120k, and I take good care of it, but that's still pretty impressive. The amenities are not bad either, power windows, ac, cruise control, all basic these days but a nice find in a 90. Performance is decent at best, but if you're buying a 1990 Camry, you're not looking for speed and acceleration. It'll do 90 on the highway easily enough though.

The only problems I've run into are corrosion, which is to be expected in a car that has been exposed to 24 New England winters. The undercarriage is starting to rot a bit and will probably need new exhaust soon. Electrical system is a little weak, too. You'll notice a drop in power when you run a lot of systems at once (I.e., if you run the wipers, heat, headlights, defroster, and radio at the same time, you'll notice the lights dim and the wipers get sluggish.)

keeps on keeping on
By roseygal

1990 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I'm at the point where I have to decide if it's time to let go and the truth is I just don't want to! I can't even find a kbb value for a 1990, but mine still looks pretty good and only has 140,000. miles. It needs a little work now, but for 6 years I didn't put a drop of money into her, except oil changes.
I was the second owner.

smooth ride. I've been test driving cars that are ten years older and I still prefer how mine feels. I drive a v-6

it's old so of course it's not the prettiest of cars!