Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 373 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

The best underground vehicle
By Yo Gotti

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had it for about a year and when I first got it I wasn't expecting it to have as much of horsepower as it has. I've gone to Atlanta a couple of times and used the navigation all the way and I got to were I needed to be with no problem. Atlanta is about 372 miles from where I live and it took about two hours and forty five minutes.

The navigation and sirius radio. I can't forget about the inside which sits like a BMW 7-series. I also got the windows tinted which makes the car look better since I bought it with black mettalic paint. The way you can go from auto to manual is with the clutch is a shifters dream.

The next model they come out with should come with 20" inch rims stocked and a little more horsepower.

SO FAR SO GOOD
By karen nelson

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has it all. Easy to drive, comfortable and appears to have all the safety features plus some. No problems here.

Big screen where I can read everthing. 7 airbags or 6, comfy. AC works great. easy driving, quiet car.

none right now.

I miss my Regal GS
By Bill

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a '97 Buick Regal GS with the supercharged V-6 and touring suspension. It was quick and handled great. My new Avalon Touring Model is also quick but doesn't have anywhere near the road hugging ability of the GS. With 157,000 miles on the GS, I really wanted to replace it with a Buick LaCrosse but it was too ugly. The Avalon's transmission sometimes seems a little confused, but the dealer tells me the computer will adjust the transmission to my driving style. I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems to have improved. The door over the radio won't open until I've pressed the button a few times. Odd. I think the interior's beautiful and everyone who rides in the car loves it.

Unusual but highly appealing art deco influenced styling. Nice ride, solid and quiet. Gas mileage is good for a car its size. Reclining back seats are a hit with passengers and make me wish I could afford a chauffeur. Interior leather is classy.

Folding side mirrors and an anti-ding strip on the doors would be nice. I've already been nailed in a parking lot. Car should come with a degree in electrical engineering to help with the alarm and locking system. Other than that, I enjoy owning and driving it.

First Non GM Car
By K TYLER

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're at the car show and my wife wants me to look at the new Toyota Avalon. I'm thinking Acura TL, but to keep her happy I go look, After about 2 minutes I ask her when can we get one. The car only has 759 miles on it but the build quality is definitely better than all the other cars we've owned. The seats are very comfortable and supportive, nav system is easy to use. It rides a little choppy over most bumps around town, but I think thats due to the 215/55-17s. On the interstate the car is great, steering is very responsive, and the car for a fullsize V6 is QUICK while giving us 30mpg on our last roadtrip. Very happy at this time, let's see if we feel the same in 10,000 miles.

12 Speaker 5.1 Surroundsound/Nav system, Fog Lights, Dual Exhaust,Heated Seats, 268HP!!!,5 Speed Tranny

Maybe some 225/60-17s would absorb bumps better.

Very nice car
By pc

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Avalon for a month now and I am very pleased. One minor trim problem (faux wood piece in door not seated properly), which I'm surprised was not caught at the factory. Very roomy, which was a priority in my purchase decision. Transmission takes a little getting used to and can be hesitant on occasion but not something that would change my original decision. Power is more than adequate and a nice, smooth ride. I'm hoping my Toyota wears as well as most others I've heard about. If you want a roomy, full size car, this is the one!

Interior size (particularly in rear), quietness, and smooth ride

Transmission could be tweaked to eliminate occassional hesitation