Used 1999 Suzuki Esteem Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Esteem for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

It is a Garbage Car

Freddy, 08/19/2006
GL 4dr Wagon

The manual transmission in my Esteem broke down three time times every year, the first time at 56,000 miles, the second at 60,000, and the third at 70,000. After some research I found a lot of people looking for the same transmission in many dierent websites, now what do you think about this car?

Suzuki Esteem 1999

Tnnn, 10/30/2004
GL 4dr Wagon

Car of limited range. Builders had economy in mind with this car but the price commensurates. Car performed admirably to 60k miles when transmission needed to be replaced. Repair cost 1/10th of purchase price.

not good

unhappy123, 01/24/2004
GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this because i liked the shine on the car hich was a major mistake. I cannot fill the gas as it keeps kicking the gas nozzle out. I have to do it very slowly and takes about 30 minutes to fill up. Thats right no exxagaration - 30 minutes! Engine is low. Pick up is less! Battery dies on me. Interior is giving up at the seams.

Wild Winters

Canadian boy, 08/04/2006
GL 4dr Wagon

I bought my Esteem in 2000 used and have had literally no problems with it. Outside of the standard stuff (brakes, tires...etc) my Esteem has been the best. The key I find is to take proper care and do the oil changes regularly. I now have 130,000 miles on it with no sign of it giving up. It is great on gas but a little under powered with the 1.6L engine. A K&N air filter helps slightly with the power. The A/C is still working although I do re-charge it every year to lube the seals. After 6 years I am just starting to see slight signs of rust, which up here in Canada (we use salt on the roads in winter) is remarkable.

Very reliable.

Steve, 07/10/2008
GL 4dr Wagon

This car never breaks down. Very reliable. Very low maintenance car. Can run 200k with some work.