Skip to main content

Pricing

Edmunds suggests you pay
$23,227
1...

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Legacy, so we've included reviews for other years of the Legacy since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great 4-Door Sedan

Jon, 08/18/2022
2022 Subaru Legacy Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2022 Legacy Limited 2.5 new back in June. I currently have almost 4000 miles logged. I needed a car to commute to work. I traded in my Ram Pick-up. I was nervous at first since I haven't driven a regular car in so long. I was pleasantly surprised. Though this car doesn't have nearly the punch of a big V8 I still enjoy it. There isn't much power under the hood of the Legacy, but all I'm doing is commuting now. This car is comfortable and quiet. It does what it is supposed to do, gets me from point A to point B safely and comfortably. I went with Subaru due to it's safety features, all-wheel drive, design and fuel efficiency. There's plenty of room in the back seat for my 5ft8in son and my daughter. Trunk space is enormous. The fit and finish appear to be upscale for this segment. If you're looking for gas mileage and safety this is my pick. If you prefer a little more punch under acceleration, then go with the 2.4 Turbo. There is a significant difference in price and mileage. As far as safety goes, I think the only competitor is Volvo, but you'll pay the Volvo price. I commute approximately 100 miles a day. I get on the highway, set the cruise control and all safety systems and let the car do it's thing. The distance pacing cruise control works great. The eyesight system works and helps to keep the vehicle centered in the travel lane. If the safety systems wouldn't yell so much when you take your hands off the wheel, I think this car would drive itself.

3 out of 5 stars

Excellent car.. luxurious drive

SamK, 05/13/2021
2021 Subaru Legacy Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car is outstanding in luxurious feel and smooth quiet drive, better than most luxury cars. Very spacious with plenty of cargo space in trunk. I find this car severely underrated. Minor issues with the car start-stop feature that you cannot permanently turn off.

2021 xt

Bill, 06/01/2021
2021 Subaru Legacy Limited XT 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Car has plenty of power. Plush ride, large trunk, plenty of room for 4 adults. You can squeeze 5 in but it will be tight in the rear seat. Heated seats dont get as hot or heat up as fast as the ones on the 2019 crosstrek i had. Some features you habe to scroll through a couple screens to find on the infotainment. Only fot about 25-27mpg on highway till i hit 5000-6000 miles, then started getting 30-32. My crosstrek did the same thing on mpg also so im not worried about that. My biggest complaints are the windshield, eyesight covers and hood. I will start with the windshield. Had less then 1000 miles on it and it already has small rock chips. Nothing major, juat looked like dead bugs. But sure enough, they are rock chips. Now for the hood. When driving at highway speeds, the rear portion of the hood flexes and looks like its really flimsy. Reminds me of a flag rippling in the wind. The hood is shut tight, and all bolts are tight etc. Just something i noticed. The plastic covers on the eyesight are not secured very well. They rattle on all bit the smoothest roads. I can push up on the cover and it will stop rattleing.

2024 Subaru Legacy
At a Glance:
  • 5 Colors
  • 4 Trims
  • 4 Packages
  • $24,895starting MSRP
Build & PriceSubaru.com
*MSRP excludes destination and delivery charges, tax, title, and registration fees. Retailer sets actual price. Certain equipment may be required in specific states, which can modify your MSRP. See your retailer for details. 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport shown has an MSRP of $34,495.

Not you're father's Subaru

Joe W. Plymouth Meeting, PA, 09/21/2022
updated 10/02/2023
2022 Subaru Legacy Limited XT 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my 4th Legacy, and pretty much loved the other three. I first saw the Limited XT model at my dealership, John Kennedy Subaru, in Norristown, PA. That was the first year for this trim level. I fell in love with it. So this year I bought the XT in the grey color. I had a 2015 Limited with 43000 on it that I gave to my Grandson for college. That was like a new car for him. I actually did not need a new car that one was fine he needed it more than I did. I just wanted to get one more new one before they put me out to pasture, lol So I went the whole nine yards, bought the top of the line loaded with all the bells and whistles. Glad I did! This car is all that and more. It's luxurious, the combo of the graphite grey silica and the tan Napa leather interior is perfect. I have had so many compliments on this car. It rides as good as many high end luxury cars and handles beautiful. I can't imagine anything else I need in a car! Hate that stop/start thing the government forced on cars manufacturers, there is no one going to tell me it doesn't cause harm to the engine and transmission. You can shut it off very simply before you even move the car, there is a button on the screen to shut it off. You do have to do that every time though. You will know if you forgot the first time you stop though, by the clunk whe you go to accelerate!. The touch screen panel does take some time to get used to, but not a big issue. I am retired and look forward to taking this XT on some long trips! To me at least this is absolutely a 5 star car!

Value Proposition

coffeeslug, 08/07/2023
2023 Subaru Legacy Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I'm a one car guy so I'm always looking for the perfect do everything car and I can never find it. Did I find it here? No, but it's got a lot of good things going for it. I have the Sport, and anytime I need to squirt into traffic, i click into the S# and it helps with responsiveness and acceleration. The rest of the time it's just a really relaxed ride. The engine is never stressed. It's easy to drive. The features are all pretty good. I wish I could have opted for ventilated fronts and heated rears as part of some package. There's a lot of little details that are nice like each rear passenger gets 3 pockets behind the front seats. Legroom is generous. As the driver i have a nice padded area for my right knee. The comfort is really good. I wish it was a little more quiet in the cabin, and I wish it had a little more noise out of the exhaust. This thing is an absolute beast in the snow. I wish it was a little better in some respects, but it's really good in so many for the price that it's hard to justify buying an A4 or a TLX in my opinion. I lusted after those other cars, but the value here from the legacy is just off the charts.

3 out of 5 stars