Used 2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Not what they used to be
By Mary

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned 4 subarus, so I have some experience. Traded in my reliable 2009 impreza to buy the sporty redesigned 2013 with CVT. bad move! In two years, I have replaced 6 headlight bulbs. They blow continually. Subaru says this can be common. Ok, so not a great big deal, at least compared to my latest problem. 68,000 miles and the CVT is shot. Makes a loud groaning noise. Subaru says the tranny is bad- bad bearings. It's off of warranty at 60 k. Cost to fix $8000.00!!!!!!!!! Why should a tranny die at 68k? I'm a teacher. Don't drive on snow days, hardly during the summer, don't tow, do offloading and commute on the interstate, so no stop and go driving. They say extreme driving conditions can cause problems. Im not extreme, and isnt subaru billed as the most dependable take anywhere through anything car? Great advertising but not true? Needless to say I'm distraught and really disappointed. Nissan extended their cvt warranty to double 10 yrs/120,000k. Why is that? Be careful, and really research this. It is more prevent than is know and this has yet to be exposed as it should. Cars are just beginning to hot the 70-80k mark. Buyer be ware. I'm done with Subaru...sad about this, but the risk is too great.

I would avoid subura 2013...
By tina

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had rotors go at 30,000 miles (1 and half years old) The dealer would not honor the warren-tee, instead "turned them" looking for a different car or at least year.. don't get 2013

Loved this car!
By katie anthony

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and never had any problems. Until I became a delivery driver. The tires cannot handle potholes well. At all. I had to change 3 flat tires. But it was awesome in snow storms. I worked at Domino's and they never closed for ANY storm. The only problem I had was the "anti-lock" breaks. Which would actually lock all the time in snow. But I trusted that car in any storm. If I had not gotten into an accident with it, (totally my fault, not the car's) then I would still have it. I miss it.

Great!
By gdb85

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy driving this car. It looks great and I like the features it has. This is my first car that has four wheel drive and it makes such a difference when driving during winter weather. It's amazing!

I like the bluetooth connectivity and it works very well for me. I also enjoy the seat warmers and the sunroof. I love the design of the car!

The engine lacks a bit of power, with a very noticeable difference when the air conditioner is on. It says a lot about engine performance if the a/c saps enough power that it causes noticeable performance differences.

Good winter driving
By anonymous739

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall happy with purchase. Great for driving in snow. Responsive CVT. Handles very well at all speeds and while turning. Nice quality sound from stereo system . Good rear visibility compared to many cars these days. Car does sit too low to the ground, often scraping snow on streets with the undercarriage, and bumper scrapes while going up/down driveways. Hatch is a bit low on space, especially if using cargo cover. Fuel economy stated by manufacturer is overly optimistic.