Used 2005 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Just Traded In My Scion xA
By L

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A manual Subaru Forester (hard to find!) came up for sale last week, and even though I still liked my xA, I made the leap to a bigger, AWD vehicle. One reason I made the decision was because even though I had replaced two wheel bearings 7 months earlier, my xA was sounding like it was having wheel bearing issues...again. I bought the car with 97K miles, and even though I had only owned the car for a little over 2 years and put 30K miles on it, I had spent nearly $2000 in repairs (which included new tires) in the second year I owned it. I didn't want to keep putting money in it. Best features: (1) I was able to pack in a lot in such a small car; (2) It never burned oil; (3) It's a cute car; (4) Engine, trans, and clutch were problem-free for me. Not-so-great features: (1) Repair costs (the previous owners probably didn't make any repairs and I ended up with the repair bills); (2) Paint on bumper and headlight covers were dulled by the time I owned it; (3) Cruise control would have been nice on our 3,000-mile trip last summer.

Best car I've ever owned
By Kevin

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned dozens of vehicles (I used to buy and sell used cars) and this one is definitely my favorite. 240k miles on it and hardly any repairs to speak of (the clutch still works great, even). Whatever has had to be repaired was relatively cheap. Do yourself a favor and buy one of these guys before they leave the roads for good! It's a shame they stopped making this vehicle. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Best car ever!
By Ken Newman

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My parents won the car back in December of 04, I'm 19 now and I'm the only one who drives it and it is nothing but great! It has never had a major issue, in fact, the only fixing it ever needs is just regular maintenance. It has 286k miles on it and it still runs like a charm! I firmly believe that it could go on for another 100 thousand miles. If you're looking for a reliable economy car, scion is definitely the way to go!

Financial Life Saver
By CrazyDogLadySTL

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

(Update: I sold my Scion to a friend's son and it's still going strong. I miss it but it was time for a new Toyota. I bought a 2014 Prius C. I love it)

I bought my Scion brand new with fewer than 5 miles on it. It was so cheap, I was able to pay it off on 2 years so I haven't had a car payment in over 10 years. Purchased in Oct 2004, it's 11.5 years old, and today was the first major repair I've ever needed. The cam shaft timing whatever thingy (I don't know much about cars) needs to be replaced. That's over $1000. They service department said that they are confident that after this repair I can get another 100,000 miles out of it before any additional major repairs are needed. It currently has about 120,000 miles on it. This has been a real life saver financially as I am single, own a home, and don't make a huge salary. I love this car and will drive it for as long as possible.

Takes a liking and keeps on ticking
By Sharon Cash