2018 Rolls-Royce Dawn Review
Pros & Cons
- Exceptionally smooth and quiet
- Adults can fit in the back seat
- Seemingly infinite customization possibilities
- So many options, you'll have to speak with a specialist to build one
- Navigation display not a touchscreen
- The build you laboriously worked on might not match next season's fashion
Used Dawn for SaleSee all for sale
Which Dawn does Edmunds recommend?
If you want to be seen and don't want additional passengers to steal your limelight, you have to get the Dawn Aero Cowling. The carbon-fiber and leather tonneau covers replace the rear seats and provide additional storage space for your wardrobe or financial documents. There aren't too many options, but some got-to-have ones are the Ultimate Touring package, which offers ventilated seats and driver assistance equipment, and the Rolls-Royce Signature package, which includes the Bespoke Audio system, lambswool floor mats and monogrammed headrests.
Edmunds' Expert Review
Rolls-Royce prides itself on creating the smoothest driving experience, and we have no reason to doubt the Dawn will be any different. Don't think of it as a sports car but rather an incredibly smooth and comfortable cruiser.
Aside from simply being a Rolls-Royce, the Dawn's chief selling point is as a convertible four-seater. Rolls-Royce made sure that four adults could fit in complete comfort, and that the top opens and closes in complete silence.
With about as much leather and wood as a luxury steamship, the Dawn's interior is inviting, warm and comfortable. It's not a jet plane cockpit-like experience, but more like a tearoom or a cigar lounge. The large reverse-hinged doors make entry and exit an event.
The trunk space is deep and perfect for a couple's luggage. But unless you travel with light packers, fitting four people's worth of stuff might be tough. You won't have to worry about bringing an umbrella — it's included. The silk-lined door pockets are perfect for holding delicate items.
Though you can't touch the screen on the Dawn, the touch surface on top of the Spirit of Ecstasy Rotary Controller features handwriting recognition. Otherwise, luxury-car staples such as night vision and adaptive cruise control are standard.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Dawn models:
- Adaptive LED Headlights
- Motorized reflectors keep the headlight beam pointing in the direction of travel, increasing nighttime visibility.
- Rollover Protection System
- Should the Dawn roll over, a concealed roll bar, combined with a single-piece windshield frame, deploys to protect occupants.
- Satellite-Aided Transmission
- GPS works with the transmission, letting it shift early or hold a gear, depending on driver behavior, for a curve or hill ahead.