Used 2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

Base PDK is the daily driver king
By Don

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 2016 base model Cayman has the PDK transmission. This is my daily drive, as such, economy & reliability were important considerations. I constantly obtain 31/32 MPG at 80+ MPH. In spite of consistent reviews that claim the base engine lacks power, I find the 275 HP adequate and the base Cayman a blast to drive on open roads. The base engine would most likely lack required power to be competitive in a high performance track race, especially when powering out of turns for maxium lap times, but since I'll never get it on a race track, shes plenty fast. The PDK transmission maximizes the cars performance, it's split second shifts can't be matched by man. I got the standard 18" wheels & passed on every other option other than navigation, comfort pkg & sport steering wheel. After adding transportation fees and a clear bra I wangled a deal of $56,000 plus tax&license. I've had the car 7 months & 5,000 miles with no issues or regrets. If your thinking about a sports car, I would strongly recommend the base Cayman with PDK as a consideration.

Cayman S - Mid Engine beauty
By Ben Turner

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car turns heads, and is less common than the 911. Performance is down on the 911 standard, but for road driving, its perfect. The mid-engine allows the car to handle like it is on rails. Love it!

OMG Mega!!
By Tony A.

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Pure sports car! Better than the 911S. Great every day driver. Awesome track car. No need to gussy it up with options! The lighter the better! It's a pure drivers and Sports car. Among the Best money can buy and it's under 100K. As they say "there is No substitute." If you get your hands on one you will never let go. Mega! Note cockpit best suits a person over 5'5 and under 6'1. It's a very compact and sporty interior. Exactly what you want in a superb sports car! Trust me! You've got to get one. As the say "many miles of smiles and excitement! Guaranteed!! The best sports car I've ever owned hands down!

2010 Cayman S vs. 2014 Cayman S
By witchknows

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2010 Cayman S, great vehicle, Edmunds is spot on about the steering, it was better in the old model.
But the new 2014 model is much more comfortable and forgiving on last distance runs.
The NAV / Bose Sound System / Interior much better than previous model.
Handling is exceptional and exterior looks greatly improved.
My only issue is that I bought a dealer demo with 750 miles.
It was delivered to me W/O inspection.
Had problems with power seat & unbalanced tires.
One of the tires I found a nail in it and cost me $446 to get a new one.
Avoid The Collection in Miami.

Mid-Engine, handling & performance. PCM / NAV very user friendly.

Keyless Entry / Push Button Start / Rearview Camera all should be standard on a vehicle in this price range.

What more do you need!
By casapulla

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2014 Cayman S. Base price $63,800.00 after options sticker was over $ 84,000.00. The only negative about this car. But no regrets. I can't say how much I love this car. The feeling you get when you get behind the wheel and turn the key and hear that engine behind you is a like a natural high. And when you get it out on the road and hit the pedal in Sports Plus the rush is amazing. This car has all the power you need. Actually you can't really get to enjoy it because there is not many roads that you can really take advantage of what this car can deliver. This is my second Cayman. First was a 2007 Cayman Base. The difference in the 2014 is amazing. A total different car.

Everything!!!!!!!

Make options more affordable.