Used 2010 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews

$4,995

Used Vibe for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Phenomenal Vibe

Jim S, 11/18/2019
4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have owned, peppy, handles well, no maintenance issues with over 116,000 miles on it. Have done routine maintenance. It is my car for hiking, gardening, and work projects; thus it is a bit beat up on the inside but that is my fault.

Good Soild Car

ultrawolf, 08/16/2009

I drove a '10 Vibe, 1.8L, automatic transmission rental for a week, and put 1100 miles on it, almost all highway miles. My wife and I both own '09 Honda Fits (me-Sport, her-Base). Compared with the Fit, the Vibe has a smoother, softer ride, and the powertrain is also very smooth. It shifts very smoothly and the engine has decent enough power considering it's only a 1.8L. Even downshifting to 3rd gear at 70 MPH climbing hills, the engine doesn't sound like it's going to rev itself to death. Overall, a very competent car. But, compared with the Fit, pretty boring, not at all "sporty". Also, the windows are small, and the high door sills make you feel like you're sitting down in a hole.

Last of the breed

Dakovich, 08/19/2009

We purchased the 1.8L with optional Auto tranny. We went with the Vibe over a Scion XD for many reasons. Better looks, better interior, way more comfortable, seats go up/down, tilt/telescope wheel, more room, larger cargo area, similar mpg, still a Toyota basically so equally reliable, and the GM warranty beats the Toyota/Scion one. 1.8L Auto has plenty of juice for us, we're not aggressive drivers but it has get up and go when needed. We like the tight suspension and steering which takes bumps surprisingly well. Not many 1.8L's left around, lots of 2.4L's and AWD's though. We Didn't want to trade mpg for the extra power.

Deception

Robi Robo, 02/06/2010

Purchased to replace an old Audi Quattro, it is the worse car I ever drive and a huge disappointment: uncomfortable with those checky shock and hard seats, bad gas mileage (around 21-22), boring to drive and unefficient AWD. It is the first time I was stock on my driveway and this unsecured feeling on wet/snow roads. We though that was because on the tires, But tire Plus told us it has the best tires for the car.

Only OK so far

Joey S, 08/16/2009

I've had this now less than a week. Purchased with a clunker trade in and GM card points. Never would have picked a GM car otherwise. I'm taking a lot of abuse at work for its ugly exterior styling. I'm experiencing the same issue others have mentioned with the tranny in that it down shifts as soon as you let your foot of the gas. Also with only 140 miles the paint has chipped and is rusted. Nice huh? We'll see what the dealer says but I'm not optimistic. I won't do GM again. Iderad having to deal with the service department.